|Tour by Taylor Swift|
|Start date||April 23, 2009|
|End date||July 10, 2010|
|Box office||$207 million ($68,896,920 in 2015 dollars)|
|Taylor Swift concert chronology|
The Fearless Tour was the debut concert tour by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift. Also referred to as the Fearless Tour 2009, and the Fearless Tour 2010, the tour was launched in support of her second studio album, Fearless (2008). On the tour, she was joined by guests Kellie Pickler and Gloriana. Teen singer Justin Bieber joined her for the tour when she went to England in November 2009. During the tour, Swift performed with guests such as John Mayer, Katy Perry, and Faith Hill.It grossed $63,705,590 with 1,138,977 fans in attendance.
Prior to the launch of the tour, Swift played several shows in the US, including two sold-out performances at the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in early 2009. Swift also played several dates in the UK and Australia, including two shows at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in London.
Also, in the midst of her own tour, Swift began opening shows in select cities for Keith Urban on his Escape Together World Tour 2009.
About the tour
The tour was announced on January 29, 2009, via her official website. The initial press release announced that Swift would visit 54 cities in 39 states and provinces in the United States and Canada. Joining her on the tour would be a new country music group, Gloriana, as well as former American Idol contestant, Kellie Pickler.
The tour kicked off in Evansville, Indiana on April 23, 2009 at Roberts Stadium. In honor of the kickoff of the sold-out tour, Swift was presented the key to the city of Evansville and the City Council President declared Wednesday, April 23, 2009 Taylor Swift Day.
The tour features a theatrical presentation of graphics, sets and visual elements all designed by Swift herself. The show runs more than 90 minutes and showcases Swift playing five different guitars as well as the piano. The show features multiple costume changes and a fairy-tale castle illuminated by more than a million lumens of light.
In late June, a new tour date was announced for November 23 at the Wembley Arena in London. However it become apparent that neither Kellie Pickler nor Gloriana would be joining her on the UK part of the tour. Taylor Swift announced another date in the UK at the Manchester Evening News Arena on November 24. This was the final and second tour date in the UK. The shows at Wembley and Manchester will be the only two concerts for the Fearless Tour in Europe. It was announced later that singer Justin Bieber would join Swift on the two UK dates. While performing at Wembley Arena, Bieber broke his foot while he performed the opening lines of "One Time", but still finished the song. Despite his injury, Bieber confirmed that he would still perform in Manchester with Swift the following day, although the Wembley concert was cut short as he could not perform the encore. Bieber then went on to perform at the Manchester performance with an encore, he sang "With You" a cover of the original version from Chris Brown. Following a 10 minute applause after she had sung "Tim McGraw", Swift told the Manchester audience "Everytime I hear the word Manchester, I won't be able to stop smiling...I love you!". According to a German magazine, Swift was supposed to play three shows in Germany. However, tickets for those concerts never went on sale.
On September 30, it was announced that Swift would return to Australia in February 2010 to play another series of concerts, but now in arenas. On October 8, it was announced that the tour would be extended through June 2, 2010 to include 37 additional shows in North America. It has been confirmed that Justin Bieber will be performing at the Gillette Stadium on June 5, 2010 with Swift.
- This concert was a part of BamaJam.
- With Keith Urban
- This concert was a part of the Country USA Festival.
- This concert was a part of the Chippewa Valley Country Fest.
- This concert was a part of the Craven Country Jamboree.
- This concert was a part of the Country Thunder Festival.
- This concert was a part of the Cheyenne Frontier Days.
- This concert was a part of the North Dakota State Fair.
- This concert was a part of the WE Fest.
- This concert was part of the V Festival.
- This concert was part of the Bayou Country Superfest.
- This concert was part of the Cavendish Beach Music Festival.
Tickets for the first shows for the Fearless Tour went on sale in early February 2009 and sold-out almost instantly. On February 6, 2009, tickets went on sale for the May 22 date at Los Angeles’ Staples Center and sold out in two minutes. Tickets for several dates and venues, including Madison Square Garden, went on sale the following week and sold out in a record of one minute. Swift did something that only a few music stars have done in Fresno that is selling out the Save Mart Center in "10 minutes or less" says Steve Tadlock.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "http://www.shineon-media.com/2009/05/07/taylor-swift-plays-shepherds-bush-empire/". Shine On Media. 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Taylor Swift, Billboard's Best-selling Artist of 2008 announces "FEARLESS 2009" Headlining Tour". Taylor Swift Press Releases. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-06-28.[dead link]
- "Taylor Swift Presented Key to the City of Evansville, Ind.". CMT. 2009-04-24. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Taylor Swift adds second and last UK tour date.". Manchester Evening News Arena. 2009-08-20. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- "Justin Bieber Joins Taylor Swift UK TOUR".
- "Taylor Swift Sells Out LA's Staples Center in 2 Minutes". Big Machine Records. 2009-02-06. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- "Swift Tickets Gone before Many Have a Chance to Buy". Tristate Homepage. 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2009-02-16.[dead link]
- "Taylor Swift tickets gone in a flash". Courier Press. 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- "Taylor Swift Concert Tickets Sell Swiftly (Jonesboro, AR)". KAIT 8. 2009-02-14. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- "Tickets go Swiftly into waiting hands". Sun Herald. 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2009-02-16.[dead link]
- "Taylor Swift Show A Fast Sellout In Nyc". CJBK. 2009-03-17. Retrieved 2009-03-19.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fearless Tour.|