Featherston Drive Public School
|Featherston Drive Public School|
|1801 Featherston Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 6P4, Canada
|Area trustee||Bronwyn Funiciello|
|Vice principal||Richard Latour|
|Chief custodian||Yves Seguin|
|School type||Elementary school|
|Homepage||Featherston Drive Public School|
Construction on Featherston PS began in 1962 and the doors opened to students in 1964. In the early years, the students were primarily of European ancestry. With recent increased immigration to Canada from Third World countries, the school has evolved into a multicultural environment.
Students have access to both a regular sized gym and a smaller gym. In addition, there is a large outdoor green space with two playstructures. Students often play basketball on outdoor courts, and soccer on the fields during break.
The school has a computer lab which includes a SmartBoard to ensure students have access to a variety of technology experiences.
- The Breakfast program ensures all students begin the day with breakfast.
- Choir (primary-junior, intermediate)
- Band (brass quintet, Bongo Bang Boom, orchestra,imtermediate band)
- Arts club
- Breakfast club
- Arts club for intermediate students
- School Ambassadors
- a house system has been established for school events and activities: Earth, Wind, Water, Fire