Federal University Oye Ekiti
|FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OYE EKITI|
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OYE EKITI Seal
|Motto||DIGNITY AND CHARACTER FOR NATIONAL TRANSFORMATION|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Isaac Azuzu|
|Students||about 1,500 plus.|
|Location||Aare Afao Road, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti, Nigeria|
|Colours||Green, White and Gold|
Federal University Oye Ekiti is a government-owned and -operated Nigerian university. The university is in the ancient city of Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria. The university was founded in 2011 as the Federal University of Oye Ekiti by the federal government of Nigeria, led by President Goodluck Jonathan.
The university has 5 faculties
The Federal University Oye-Ekiti is a Federal University of Nigeria poised to take education to the next level not only in sub-saharan Africa but indeed to the rest of the world. Established in 2011, offers students from all backgrounds degrees in Agriculture, Engineering and Sciences as well as Arts/Humanities.
Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) was one of the nine Federal Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria, pursuant to an executive order made by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR. The Motto of the University is Innovation and Character for National Transformation. Federal University Oye-Ekiti, whose pioneer Vice Chancellor, is Professor Chinedu Ostadinma Nebo, OON, and the present Professor Isaac Asuzu has two campuses at Oye-Ekiti and Ikole-Ekiti and 4 Faculties and 27 Departments, namely:
• The Faculty of Agriculture (Agricultural Economic and Extension, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Soil Science, Animal Science, Crop Production and Horticulture, Food Science Technology)
• The Faculty of Engineering (Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, Material and Metallurgical Engineering)
• The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (English and Literary Studies, Theatre and Media Studies, Demography and Social Statistics, Economic and Development Studies, Psychology, Sociology)
• The Faculty of Science (Biotechnology, Computer Science, Geophysics, Industrial Chemistry, Mathematics, Micro Biology, Physics)
The Motto of the University is Innovation and Character for National Transformation. The strategic vision of the University is to become an academic giant, the pace—setter among universities in the Third World, in the quality of its scientific research, the level of its innovative teaching, and the robustness of its community service.
Strategic Issues from the Vision, Mission and Core Values
FUOYE has identified twelve strategic issues in the process of implementing its vision and mission against its declared core values and guiding philosophy. The issues are as follows:
i. Management and Governance ii. Learning and Teaching iii. Quality Assurance iv. Research, Innovation and Development v. Human Resource Development vi. Staff and Student Welfare vii. Finance viii. Gender Mainstreaming ix. Product Development x. Community Services and Partnership xi. The Environment xii. Internationalisation
Campus and student life
The motto of the university is "DIGNITY AND CHARACTER FOR NATIONAL TRANSFORMATION". However, owing to the rigorous and exacting academic standards.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Nigeria
- mainly for staff recruitment
- For FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- For FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- For FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- For FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- for UTME/JAMB Choaching