Federated Computing Research Conference
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (February 2013)|
The Federated Computing Research Conference, FCRC, is an event that brings together several academic conferences, workshops, and plenary talks in the field of computer science. FCRC has been organised in 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2007, and 2011. The next event will be in 2015 in Portland, Oregon.
The Turing Award 1998, 2002, 2006, and 2010 recipients gave plenary talks in FCRC 1999, 2003, 2007, and 2011. Other plenary speakers in FCRC include László Babai, Charles Bennett, Randal Bryant, Bob Colwell, David Culler, Cynthia Dwork, Shafi Goldwasser, Michael J. Flynn, Hector Garcia-Molina, John L. Hennessy, Richard Karp, Randy Katz, Ken Kennedy, James Kurose, Ed Lazowska, Barbara Liskov, Robin Milner, Chuck Moore, Christos Papadimitriou, Michael Rabin, Scott Shenker, Burton Smith, Guy L. Steele, Jr., Avi Wigderson, Maurice Wilkes, William A. Wulf.
- 1993: San Diego, California, USA
- 1996: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- 1999: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 2003: San Diego, California, USA
- 2007: San Diego, California, USA
- 2011: San Jose, California, USA
- 2015: Portland, Oregon, USA
The following table contains conferences that have been part of FCRC at least twice; workshops have not been listed.
Other notable events held in conjunction with FCRC include HOPL III, the History of Programming Languages Conference in 2007.
References and Notes
- Note that the conference was called "Structure in Complexity Theory" from 1986 till 1995, before the name was changed to the current "Conference on Computational Complexity".
- FCRC 1993 program (a PostScript file, reverse page order).
- Information about FCRC 1993 can be found also in the following posts in Usenet news (links to Google Groups):
- FCRC 1996 web site.
- FCRC 1999 web site.
- FCRC 2003 web site.
- FCRC 2007 web site.
- FCRC 2011 web site.
- FCRC 1999 on CRA web site.
- Erik Demaine's List of Events: FCRC.
|This computer science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|