From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up federation or fédération in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Federation can refer to:
Use in political science
- Federation, a state governed under the system of federalism
- Federated school, a model of governance used by some educational institutions which is also analogous to a political federation
- Federation of Australia, 1901 – a historical event in the History of Australia
- Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland an African nation in existence from 1953-1963
- Federation of Malaya an Asian nation that existed from 31 January 1948 until 16 September 1963
- Non-governmental organizations, unions and other organisation called 'federations'
- World Wrestling Entertainment formerly known as World Wrestling Federation, a professional wrestling promotion
- American Federation of Teachers
- National Wildlife Federation in the USA
- Community Health Charities of America
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Fictional federations
- United Federation of Planets, a fictional federation in Star Trek
- Terran Federation (Blake's 7), the fictional totalitarian government centred on Earth in the British television series Blake's 7
- Argon Federation, a fictional race of human descendants in the X computer game series
- The Earth Federation, a fictional governing body of the Universal Century Gundam anime series
- The Terran Federation (Starship Troopers) and United Citizens' Federation from the novel and film Starship Troopers
- Trade Federation, a fictional alliance in Star Wars
- The Galactic Federation, a fictional organisation featured in the Doctor Who serials The Curse of Peladon and The Monster of Peladon
- The Galactic Federation is the main governing body in the Metroid video game series
- The Federation (Shannara) is the main government of the humans in the Southland
Use in information science
- Federation (information technology), the standardization of information systems, or their means of inter-connection
- Federated identity, many (generally un-federated) methods of allowing user's data in one system to be transferred to, and used by, another
- Federation architecture, an Australian architectural style (c. 1890 - c. 1915)
- Federation II, a text-based online RPG.
- The Federation (band), a Bay Area hip-hop collective
- sports federation
- Federated Department Stores, now known as Macy's, Inc.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.