Federation of Christian Populars
The Federation of Christian Populars (Italian: Federazione dei Cristiano Popolari, FCP) was a short-lived Christian-democratic political party in Italy which has been a faction within The People of Freedom (PdL), a broad centre-right party led by Silvio Berlusconi, and is now part of New Centre-Right (NCD).
The party was founded by Mario Baccini, after that he left the White Rose and took part to the foundation of the PdL. The party was joined by Antonio Satta and his Sardinian Autonomist Populars, a splinter group from UDEUR Populars. In October 2008 the FCP officially decided to merge into the PdL. In October 2012 the balance of accounts of the PdL showed that the Christian Populars had received € 40,000 of financial support from the mother-party.
- President: Mario Baccini (2008–2009)
- Coordinator: Fabio Rastelli (2008–2009)
- "Fondazione cristiani popolari, Baccini punta a 100 mila adesioni" (in Italian). il Velino. 2008-06-24.
- "I Cristiano Popolari alla Camera Presentata la nuova Federazione" (in Italian). L'Unione Sarda. 2008-06-25.
- "Cristiano popolari,Baccini: Porteremo nel Pdl i valori cristiani" (in Italian). il Velino. 2008-10-18.
- Cuzzocrea, Annalisa (31 October 2012), "Spuntano i fondi ai transfughi così il partito ha finanziato Scilipoti", La Repubblica