February 23, 1936 ,|
Buenos Aires Province,
|Spouse(s)||Susana Hornos (2003–present)|
Luppi works mostly in Argentine cinema, but also has worked in Chile, Mexico, Spain, and the United States. He has acted in almost 100 films and 50 television series since his debut in 1964. In 2004, he directed his first film, Pasos (Steps), made in Spain.
Amongst other awards he has received a Konex Merit Diploma for his acting in every edition of the Entertainment Konex awards (1981, 1991 and 2001). He was also nominated in 1996 for the Goya Awards as "Best Actor in a Leading Role" for Nobody Will Speak of Us When We're Dead.
He acquired Spanish citizenship in June 2003.
- Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival: Lifetime Achievement Award, 2003.
- Havana Film Festival: Honorary Award, 2002.
- Mar del Plata Film Festival: Best Actor, for: Rosarigasinos, 2001.
- Huelva Latin American Film Festival: Prize of the City of Huelva, 2000.
- Fantasporto: International Fantasy Film Award, Best Actor, for: Cronos, 1993.
- Argentine Film Critics Association Awards: Won six awards for best actor, a record unbroken up to this day.
- Federico Luppi at the Internet Movie Database
- Federico Luppi at Allmovie
- Federico Luppi at Cinenacional.com (Spanish)
- Federico Luppi – Interview to Diagonal (Spanish)