Feedback (Rush album)
|Studio album by Rush|
|Released||June 29, 2004|
|Recorded||Phase One Studios
|Producer||David Leonard and Rush|
Feedback is a cover album by Canadian rock band Rush, released in 2004. It was their eighteenth studio album. The album features eight covers of songs that were influential for the band members during the 1960s. The album marked the 30th anniversary of the release of Rush's debut album though the current lineup of Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart was established just following the first album's release. The tour in support of the Feedback album was called the R30: 30th Anniversary Tour. Their cover of "Summertime Blues" was also used as an official theme song for WWE's Summerslam PPV event in 2004. The album has been remastered and reissued in 2013 as a part of the box set The Studio Albums 1989-2007.
|The Daily Vault||B+|
|Sea of Tranquility|||
Rhapsody praised the album, calling it one of their favourite cover albums. AllMusic reviewer Thom Jurek called the tracklist "amazing" and said "None of these tunes are done with an ounce of camp. What the listener encounters is a Rush that has never ever been heard before."
|1.||"Summertime Blues"||Eddie Cochran/Jerry Capehart||Eddie Cochran, Blue Cheer, The Who||3:43|
|2.||"Heart Full of Soul"||Graham Gouldman||The Yardbirds||2:52|
|3.||"For What It's Worth"||Stephen Stills||Buffalo Springfield||3:30|
|4.||"The Seeker"||Pete Townshend||The Who||3:27|
|5.||"Mr. Soul"||Neil Young||Buffalo Springfield||3:51|
|6.||"Seven and Seven Is"||Arthur Lee||Love||2:53|
|7.||"Shapes of Things"||Paul Samwell-Smith/Keith Relf/Jim McCarty||The Yardbirds||3:16|
|8.||"Crossroads"||Robert Johnson||Robert Johnson, Cream||3:27|
R30 ANNIVERSARY WORLD TOUR Setlist:
- R30 Overture (Finding My Way / Anthem / Bastille Day / A Passage To Bangkok / Cygnus X-1 Book I : The Voyage / Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres)
- The Spirit Of Radio
- Force Ten
- Red Barchetta
- Roll The Bones
- The Trees
- The Seeker
- One Little Victory
- Dragon Intro (Video intro for "Tom Sawyer" and for the second set , video spelled as "Darn That Dragon")
- Tom Sawyer
- Secret Touch
- Between The Wheels
- Mystic Rhythms
- Red Sector A
- DEr Trommler (Drum Solo)
- Heart Full Of Soul (Acoustic , with Peart on the drums)
- 2112 Overture / Temples Of Syrnix / Grand Finale
- La Villa Strangiato
- By Tor And Snowdog
- Working Man (With reggae ending)
- Summertime Blues
Album – Billboard (North America)
|2004||The Billboard 200||19|
- Jurek, Thom. Feedback (Rush album) at AllMusic. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Rusk, Bruce (June 27, 2005). "Feedback". The Daily Vault. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- Hogwood, Ben (July 5, 2004). "Rush - Feedback". musicOMH. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- Granillo, Elias (July 4, 2004). "Review: 'Rush: Feedback'". Sea of Tranquility. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- Randolph, Bjorn (July 27, 2004). "Rush - Feedback - Review". Stylus Magazine. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- Barnes, Ken (July 13, 2004). "For Rush, positive 'Feedback' (Rush, Feedback)". USA Today. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- Rhapsody’s Favorite Covers Albums Referenced August 1, 2010