Feel That Fire (song)
|"Feel That Fire"|
|Single by Dierks Bentley|
|from the album Feel That Fire|
|Released||September 29, 2008|
|Dierks Bentley singles chronology|
"Feel That Fire" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Dierks Bentley. Bentley co-wrote the song along with Brad and Brett Warren (of The Warren Brothers) and his producer Brett Beavers. It was released in September 2008 as the lead-off single and title track from his album Feel That Fire, which was released on February 3, 2009. The song became Bentley's sixth Number One on the Hot Country Songs chart for the chart week of February 21, 2009.
"Feel That Fire" is an up-tempo mostly accompanied by electric guitar and banjo. It describes the narrator's lover, and lists off all the things that she wants, such as riding a bull at the county fair, or making every stray animal a pet. In the chorus, the narrator explains that she "needs to feel that fire" and be his lover. The song is in the key of A-flat major with the guitars set to E-flat tuning and a main chord pattern of A♭-D♭-G♭-A♭. Bentley's vocals range from G♭3 to E♭5.
The song received a "thumbs down" review from the country music site The 9513. Despite calling it an "uptempo number that finds Bentley singing about something other than life on the road, featuring a rockin’ intro", critic Brady Vercher said that the song "contains a weak narrative that settles for what's easiest by barely delving into the subject."
To promote the single, Bentley shipped more than 2000 boxes of Cracker Jack to various radio stations (a reference to "she wants the toy in the Cracker Jack", a line from the opening). Fifty-one stations were chosen randomly as winners, with the grand prize being a concert with Bentley.
The music video featured actress and model Sarah Desage.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||54|
|US Billboard Hot 100||32|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||31|
"She Wouldn't Be Gone"
by Blake Shelton
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
February 21, 2009
"Down the Road"
by Kenny Chesney with Mac McAnally
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "'Feel That Fire' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- Bonaguro, Alison (2008-09-24). "Feel Dierks Bentley's Fire". CMT. Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- Vercher, Brady (2008-09-18). "Dierks Bentley - "Feel That Fire"". The 9513. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- "Dierks Bentley Has Cracker Jack Idea for Radio Promotion". CMT. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Dierks Bentley Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Dierks Bentley. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Dierks Bentley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Dierks Bentley. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Dierks Bentley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Dierks Bentley. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Best of 2009: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2009. Retrieved December 13, 2009.
- "American single certifications – Dierks Bentley – Feel That Fire". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 10, 2012. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH