|Solidarity, Liberal Party of Greenland|
|Atassut, Nunatsinni Liberaliusumik Partii|
|Headquarters||Nuuk, Sermersooq, Greenland|
|Politics of Greenland
Solidarity (Atássut, also translated as "Feeling of Community") is a liberal conservative political party in Greenland and a partner of the Danish Venstre party. At the 2005 legislative elections, the party won 19.1% of the popular vote and six out of 31 seats. In the June 2009 snap election the party dropped to 10.9% of the vote, and lost 3 of its 6 seats. In the 2013 elections the party was reduced to two seats. in the 2014 elections the party maintained its two seats.
Formerly the most pro-Danish among Greenland's parties, Atássut has shifted to supporting home rule and increased autonomy, but without leaving the Kingdom of Denmark. From a traditional right-wing position it has in some respect moved to the left, now supporting the subsidisation of primary-sector business, just like the social-democratic Siumut party.
This list is not complete.
- 2014 - current Knud Kristiansen
- 2009 - 2014 Gerhardt Petersen
- 2005 - 2009 Finn Karlsen
- ? - 2005 Augusta Salling
- 1993 - ? Daniel Skifte
- 1989 - 1993 Konrad Steenholdt
- 1985 - 1989 Otto Steenholdt
- 1979 - 1984 Lars Chemnitz
- Christina Bergqvist (1 January 1999). Equal Democracies?: Gender and Politics in the Nordic Countries. Nordic Council of Ministers. p. 319. ISBN 978-82-00-12799-4.
- Maher, Joanne, ed. (2008). The Europa World Year Book 2008. Taylor & Francis. p. 1552.
- Loukacheva, Natalia (2007). The Arctic Promise: Legal and Political Autonomy of Greenland and Nunavut. University of Toronto Press. p. 55.
- Loukacheva (2007). The Arctic Promise. p. 61.
- Loukacheva (2007). The Arctic Promise. p. 55.
- sermitsiaq.ag - Knud Kristiansen er ny formand for Atassut
- knr.gl - Atassut klar med kandidatlisten
- jyllands-posten.dk - Otto Steenholdt ekskluderet fra Atassut
- books.google.com - Encyclopedia of the Arctic by Mark Nuttall
- denstoredanske.dk Otto Steenholdt
- denstoredanske.dk Lars Chemnitz
|This article about a political party in Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a European Liberal party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Greenland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|