Feels So Good (composition)
|"Feels So Good"|
|Single by Chuck Mangione|
|from the album Feels So Good|
|Format||7" (45 rpm)|
|Length||3:28 (single edit)
9:43 (album version)
The album version of "Feels So Good" runs almost ten minutes, but an edit trimming the piece to 3 minutes 28 seconds was released as a single in early 1978. The single reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in June of that year after spending a week atop the Billboard easy listening chart in May. The recording was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Record of the Year at the ceremony held in 1979, losing out to Billy Joel's "Just the Way You Are". Mangione re-recorded the tune (as a slow ballad, and with lyrics sung by Don Potter) for his 1982 album 70 Miles Young.
Mangione was quoted describing the editing of the original version of the track as "major surgery."
A portion of the composition was featured in the 1990 action film Hard To Kill.
- Chuck Mangione: Flugelhorn & electric piano
- Chris Vadala: Saxes (album version only)
- Grant Geissman: Guitar
- Charles Meeks: Electric Bass
- James Bradley, Jr.: Drums
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 8th Edition (Billboard Publications)
- Hyatt, Wesley (1999). The Billboard Book of #1 Adult Contemporary Hits (Billboard Publications)