Felicity: An American Girl Adventure
|An American Girl Adventure|
|Directed by||Nadia Tass|
|Written by||Anna Sandor
Valerie Tripp (author of "The American Girl Collection")
Marcia Gay Harden
|Distributed by||The WB|
|Release date(s)||November 29, 2005|
An American Girl Adventure is the second in the series of An American Girl films. It is a television film that is based on the American Girl children's books written by Valerie Tripp, and was released in November 29, 2005. The teleplay was written by Anna Sandor. 
The film revolves around Felicity Merriman's adventures during the onset of the American Revolution, and how she witnessed her family and friends being divided by their beliefs in a war of independence.
Ten-year-old Felicity Merriman is growing up in Williamsburg, Virginia, just before the American Revolution. Felicity longs to be free (so in this story Felicity never gives up no matter what's in her way). High-spirited Felicity would rather rush into exciting adventures, like taming the wild horse owned by the cruel leather maker, Jiggy Nye. Even with the warnings from her parents, she runs off in the morning to be with Jiggy Nye's horse who is named by Felicity "Penny."
Felicity isn’t the only one questioning what’s right and what’s wrong. Change is in the air as some colonists, like Felicity’s father and his apprentice, Ben, take steps toward independence from the king of England. Others, like Felicity’s dear grandfather and her best friend, Elizabeth, are shocked that anyone would question the rule of the king. How can Felicity choose a side when she knows it means being disloyal to someone she loves? As the Revolutionary War threatens to tear friends and neighbors apart, Felicity’s family faces a crisis or two of its own.
- Shailene Woodley - Felicity Merriman
- Marcia Gay Harden - Mrs. (Martha) Merriman
- Robinne Fanfair - Rose
- David Gardner - Grandfather
- Lynne Griffin - Lady Templeton
- Katie Henney - Elizabeth Cole
- Juliet Holland-Rose - Annabelle Cole
- Géza Kovács - Jiggy Nye
- Eulala Scheel - Nan Merriman
- John Schneider - Mr. (Edward) Merriman
- Janine Theriault - Miss Frances Manderly
- Kevin Zegers - Ben Davidson
- Daniel Gariépy - minuet dancer
- Alexis daSilva Powell - minuet dancer
- "Flashback Video: Shailene Woodley in Felicity: An American Girl Adventure!". Wetpaint. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Felicity: An American Girl Adventure (2005)". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Van Patten, Denise. "American Girl Felicity Movie Debuts November 29th On WB Network". About.com. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "'FELICITY' GETS ALL DOLLED UP - NY Daily News". Daily News. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Pretty As A Pin-Up – Katie Henney". Swagger New York. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Géza Kovács - Northern Stars". Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Felicity: An American Girl Adventure - Season 1 Reviews - Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Felicity: An American Girl Adventure — official home page
- Felicity: An American Girl Adventure at the Internet Movie Database