Barr moved to the London News Network in 1999, covering sporting events and she also presented LWT's Goals Extra programme. Barr joined ITV News in 2001 as its first ever female sports correspondent. Her first major assignment was covering the Wimbledon tennis tournament. During her time at ITV News, her role was extended to a relief newsreader on weekends and the ITV Lunchtime and Evening News. In August 2004, Barr covered the Olympic Games live from Athens.
Until January 2006, she combined her role as sports presenter on the News At Ten Thirty with Trevor McDonald, with her duties as a newsreader on the now defunct ITV News Channel, anchoring weekdays with Steve Scott. Barr regularly anchored live from key locations such as Westminster during major stories for both the ITV News Channel and mainstream ITV Bulletins. She was also a regular guest on Richard & Judy on Channel 4.
Al Jazeera English launched on 15 November 2006 and Barr is a London news-anchor for its flagship Newshour programme. She presents the mid-week late afternoon and evening news and conducts links with correspondents in Europe. In November 2008, she anchored the US Election on location in Ohio. She has presented Talk to Al Jazeera, where she was one of the first TV journalists to interview the freed FARC hostage Ingrid Betancourt. She has also hosted The Listening Post, Al Jazeera's media-analysis programme.
Barr is a celebrity supporter of the charity Action for Children, formerly the National Children's Home.
- Felicity Barr Noel Gay
- Felicity Barr Press Gazette, 12 August 2004
- Talk to Jazeera - Ingrid Betancourt - 12 Jul 08 - Part 2 YouTube
- The Listening Post - Afghanistan's media war - 07 Aug 09-Pt1 YouTube
- Monique's day in the life of a TV presenter Coventry Telegraph, 29 February 2008
- Omaar to host daily show for Al Jazeera Press Gazette, 10 February 2006
- Felicity Barr at the Internet Movie Database
- Ms Felicity Barr Authorised Biography Debretts's People of Today