|Birth name||Felix Bloxsom|
|Also known as||Plastic Plates|
|Born||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Occupations||producer, drummer, composer, DJ|
|Years active||2000 — present|
|Associated acts||Christina Aguilera
Empire Of The Sun
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
The Sleepy Jackson
Sneaky Sound System
Felix Bloxsom, was born in Sydney, Australia. He is a professional musician and songwriter, best known for his drumming and percussion playing. Felix is also a successful DJ and record producer, working under the stage name 'Plastic Plates'.
Since completing Jazz studies at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music in 2000, Bloxsom has performed live and in the recording studio with a diverse group of artists across many styles and genres. These artists include MIKA, Sia Furler, Daniel Merriweather, Empire Of The Sun, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Lopez, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Paloma Faith, The Sleepy Jackson, Jamie Lidell, Kristina Train, The Presets, Leona Naess, Elliott Yamin, Sneaky Sound System, Will Young, Missy Higgins, Alex Lloyd, Adam Cohen, David Bridie, Katie Noonan, Mike Nock, Greg Osby, Tim Ries, James Muller, Paul Grabowsky. Felix currently lives in Los Angeles, where he performs as a session musician, songwriter and composes music for advertisements.
Felix was awarded 'Young Australian Jazz Artist of the Year' on 25 August at the 2004 Australian Jazz Bell Awards and 1st place in the National Jazz Awards at the 2004 Wangaratta Festival of Jazz.
Connection with Sam Sparro
Bloxsom went to the same primary school, in Sydney, as Sam Sparro. Sparro has remarked in his blog that the two were close friends. In fact, while the two were growing up, Felix's father and Sam's grandfather played in local jazz bands together, both coming from long family lines in music and theatre. Since reconnecting later in life, the two have begun working together often. Bloxsom is credited as having played drums for every song that features the instrument on Sparro's sophomore album Return to Paradise, as well as remixing the song "Shades of Grey" for release on the re-release of the album.As of February 14, 2014 the two have collaborated again on Plastic Plates' single "Stay in Love".
- "Freedman Jazz Fellowship". Jazz Australia. 2006-06-03. Retrieved 2008-05-15.[dead link]
- "Felix Bloxsom". MSN Music. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- "BMW M3 - Inside the Engine". mefeedia. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- "BMW : Revolution". The Ads of the World. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- "2004 Bell Awards". Jazz WA. 2004-08-30. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- Jackson, Andra (10 August 2004). "Festival to have touch of Umbria". The Age (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 18 November 2008.
- "The Australian Jazz Bell Awards 2004". The Australian Jazz Bell Awards Limited. Retrieved 13 September 2009.
- "Wangaratta Festival of Jazz". Wangaratta Festival of Jazz. Retrieved 2008-05-15.[dead link]
- "Blog Post". Sam Sparro. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Re-Return to Paradise". iTunes/Apple, Inc. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Stay in Love". iTunes / Apple Inc. Retrieved 2014-02-21.