|Broadcast area||Felixstowe, East Ipswich and Harwich|
|First air date||2009|
|Format||Local news and music|
|Owner||Felixstowe Radio CIC|
Felixstowe Radio is a community radio station in Felixstowe, Suffolk . It began as an internet radio station at 61 Gainsborough Road, Felixstowe in 2006, the home of the founding Chairman Trevor Lockwood. A small team of presenters streamed programmes on the Internet until applying for a Community Radio Licence in late 2008, That was awarded in 2009, with the station starting to broadcast locally on 6 November 2009.
Full time licence
In 2009, Felixstowe Radio was awarded a Community Radio Licence, which has allowed the station to broadcast in FM Stereo at 25 watts, covering an approximate audience potential of 50,000 people, on 107.5 MHz, seven days a week. Transmissions began in November 2009 from the studio housed in Great Eastern Square beside East of England Co-Operative Society premises in Felixstowe.
Felixstowe Radio is a Community Interest Company limited by guarantee. A team of volunteers look after the premises, serve in the shop, plan shows and many other things required to keep a radio station on air.
Contact Felixstowe Radio
You can contact the station via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the show that is currently live on email@example.com. They receive many emails from record labels, new artists and bands who request their new songs and material is played on air. Felixstowe Radio review all the requests and many are put on both the regular shows and the automated system for broadcast over night.
Interaction on the shows is actively encouraged and Felixstowe Radio operate a text system which is emailed straight to the presenters live in the studio. These can be sent to 07766 404142, starting the text with FXR.
Shows and Presenters
Felixstowe Radio offers a wide range of shows throughout the day across all genres of musical tastes. These include:
- All Things Considered - Monday and Friday 12.00-14.00 with Eileen and Gloria
- Bob Strong Saturday Show - Saturday 10.00-13.00 with Bob Strong
- The History Hour - Sunday 17.00-18.00 with Julie Mason
- The Dave Francis Show - Thursday 19.00-21.00 with Dave Francis
- Felixstowe's Pop Fever - Saturday 15.00-17.00 with Stuart Acker
- The Fry Up - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 08.00-09.00 with Ross and James
- The Musicals Hour - Thursday 18:00-19.00 with Dean Wales
- Drivetime - Monday - Thursday 16:00-18.00 & Friday 16:00-19:00 with Ann and friends
The station also owns a music shop in the front of the studio premises.
For Children In Need 2012, Felixstowe Radio held a 24 hour radiothon, raising over £800 for the charity. Dave Francis was actually live for over 28 hours without a break, assisting with all the regular shows and filling the night time slot on his own.
- Ofcom Radio LIcensing CR 190
- Felixstowe Radio Homepage—The website of Felixstowe Community Radio.