|• Lord Mayor||Christoph Palm|
|• Total||27.70 km2 (10.70 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,600/km2 (4,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Fellbach is a mid-sized town on the north-east Border of Stuttgart in Baden-Württemberg. With a population of approximately 43,700 as of December 2003 it is the second largest town in the District Rems-Murr-Kreis. The area of the town is 27.7 km².
Fellbach was first mentioned as Velbach in 1121. It was called Vellebach in 1357 and the name Fehlbach was used in around 1800. On 14 October 1933 it was declared a city. After World War II it reached a population of more than 20000 in 1950 and it got the status as "Große Kreisstadt".
Fellbach has 3 main districts. Fellbach, Schmiden (since 1.1.1973) and Oeffingen (1.4.1974).
Fellbach is twinned with:
- Tain-l'Hermitage, France, since 1964
- Tournon-sur-Rhône, France, since 1973
- Erba, Italy, since 1978
- Pécs, Hungary, since 1986
- Meißen, Germany, since 1986
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012 (Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011)". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 12 November 2013.
|This Rems-Murr location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|