Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2010)|
|Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada|
|Separated from||Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec|
The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada, often known simply as The Fellowship is a conservative Baptist association in Canada. It was formed in 1953 as a result of a merger of the Union of Regular Baptist Churches of Ontario and Quebec and the Fellowship of Independent Baptist Churches. In 2011 Rev. Steven Jones was appointed as President.
In 1928, the Union of Regular Baptist Churches of Ontario and Quebec (led by Thomas Todhunter Shields) broke away from the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec as a result of the fundamentalist/modernist controversy, while the Fellowship of Independent Baptist Churches was formed in 1933. These two merged in 1953 to form the FEBCC. The Regular Baptist Missionary Fellowship of Alberta joined in 1963, while the Convention of Regular Baptist Churches of British Columbia (founded 1927) joined in 1965.
|Part of a series on|
As of 2012, the Fellowship included over 500 self-governing churches with a total membership of over 65,000, subscribing to a common doctrine. This includes English language, French language, Spanish, Chinese and other ethnic churches. The national headquarters are located in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.
The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches is engaged in missions to Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Japan, Latin America, the Middle East, Pakistan and South America, and offers ministry resources to assist these churches.
The FEBCC, as of 2012, administers Heritage Baptist College and Heritage Theological Seminary in Cambridge, Ontario, Northwest Baptist Seminary in Langley, BC, SEMBEQ and Muskoka Bible Centre through its regional offices and head office. The official magazine of the FEBCC, The Evangelical Baptist, is published five times per year.
- http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/, 2010 by Historica-Dominion, Tom Flaulkner
- http://www.mcmaster.ca/univsec/history.cfm, 2010 McMaster University
- http://web.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.biblioottawalibrary.ca, Osburn, Wade, 15 November 2009, Vol. 106 Issue 6 Eerdmans Handbook to the History Of Christianity, Lion publishing, 1977
- The Fellowship Story Our First 25 Years, by Dr. J. H. Watt, 1978
- A History of The Baptist Testimony in the Ottawa Area, by C.F Robinson
- FEBCC Yearbook
- Baptists Around the World, by Albert W. Wardin, Jr.
- Four Centuries of Baptist Witness, by H. Leon McBeth
- Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada Home Page
- FEBInternational - "the overseas arm of The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada"