|Type||Limited Liability Company|
|Headquarters||Irvine, California, United States|
|Key people||Jim Felt|
Felt Racing is an American bicycle manufacturer based in Irvine, California. Felt produces road, mountain, track, bmx, cyclocross and cruiser bikes. The company also has a strong reputation in the time trial/triathlon bike area.
Felt was founded by Jim Felt in early 1994 when Felt products were distributed by Answer Products. Felt nearly disappeared from the domestic market following a fallout with Answer after a 7 year relationship. The brand was relaunched in 2001 as an independent company.
Felt has developed several unique bicycle technologies. For its time trial/triathlon bikes, Felt has developed the Bayonet Fork, which utilizes an external steerer in front of the head tube for additional stiffness and aerodynamic efficiency. Felt has also developed the Equilink suspension system for its full-suspension mountain bikes.
In 2007 Felt sponsored the Slipstream-Chipotle (currently Garmin-Sharp) bicycle team. In 2009, Felt signed a three-year agreement to supply frames to the Garmin-Chipotle team. On August 28, 2010, Garmin-Transitions announced it is switching working agreements from Felt Bicycles to Cervelo bikes and will change its name to Team Garmin-Cervelo for the 2011 season. Felt chose not to exercise its option with the Boulder-based cycling team after a four-year working agreement. The Cervélo TestTeam will fold and some riders may move to Team Garmin-Cervelo.
Athletes sponsored by Felt
Felt B2 Pro with Felt edition Zipp wheels
- Jez Loftus, tech ed (16 Nov 2007). "Felt Slipstream Chipotle Team Bikes". Bike Radar. Retrieved 2010-08-04. "The American Slipstream/Chipotle pro cycling team has started to gear up for the 2008 season with new team bikes and colours. [They] will be racing Felt's top of the line production models. This comprises DA, F1, F1 Sprint and Z1 frame and forks."
- Gary Boulanger (Aug 9, 2008). "Interview: Jim Felt, aerodynamic guru". BikeRadar. Retrieved 2012-07-17. "Jim Felt founded his bicycle company in 1994."
- "Felt History". Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- James Huang (May 11, 2008). "Pro Bike: David Millar's Garmin-Transitions Felt DA". Cycling News. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- Gary Boulanger, US editor (9 Aug 2008). "Interview with Jim Felt". Bike Radar. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "Felt Bicycles Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard". U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "Felt Bicycles recalls road bikes due to aluminum steerer tube failures". Velo News. Jul 3, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- James Huang (September 5, 2008). "More team sponsorship news for the 2009 season, Garmin/Chipotle-H3O extends with Felt". Cycling News. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- "New agreement for garmin". The Denver Post. August 28, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Felt bicycles.|
|This article related to a bicycle manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|