Feminist Porn Award
|Feminist Porn Award|
Official logo for the Feminist Porn Awards 2009
|Awarded for||Erotica focused on women and marginalized people|
|Presented by||Good for Her|
The Good for Her Feminist Porn Awards, widely known as the Feminist Porn Awards (or simply FPAs), is an annual adult film awards ceremony that began in 2006 is organised by the Good for Her adult store In Toronto, Canada.
The ceremony was originally conceived of and coordinated by former store manager Chanelle Gallant, and it has been organized by current store manager Alison Lee since 2008. Both the store and the ceremony are based in Toronto, Ontario, and the ceremony commonly takes place at Berkeley Church. Despite the name of the ceremony, Lee states that the films featured at the awards (as well as the ceremony itself) are meant to appeal to men as well as women.
The 2014 show took place between April 5th - 6th and was hosted by Lex Vaughn and Ryan G. Hinds.
- Women and/or traditionally marginalized people were involved in the direction, production and/or conception of the work.
- The work depicts genuine pleasure, agency and desire for all performers, especially women and traditionally marginalized people.
- The work expands the boundaries of sexual representation on film, challenges stereotypes and presents a vision that sets the content apart from most mainstream pornography. This may include depicting a diversity of desires, types of people, bodies, sexual practices, and/or an anti-racist or anti-oppression framework throughout the production.
- Feminist Porn Awards. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Agrell, Siri (2006-06-10). "X-rated films for red-blooded feminists: New porn caters to female pleasure fantasies". National Post. p. WP.3. ISSN 1486-8008. Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- Strange bedfellows – Briarpatch Magazine. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- 'Porn with a heart' for a male audience — The Good Men Project. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Girls on Film: The 2009 Feminist Porn Awards. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Alison Lee: Feminist Porn Awards Pioneer - Shameless Magazine. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Horn, Tina (May 4, 2014). "I Attended the Ninth Annual Feminist Porn Awards". Vice. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
|This film award–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|