The surname Feng is a romanization of several Chinese surnames.
(wikt:冯 féng 2nd tone "gallop"), very common Chinese surname
(wikt:鳳 fèng 4th tone "phoenix"), relatively common Chinese family name
(wikt:風 fēng 1st tone "wind"), rare Chinese surname
- in Shaanxi the Qin (state), the Citizen of Ying (嬴) get surname Fèng (奉)
- in Shandong the Qi (state), Jiang (姜) family get surname Fèng (奉)
- in Zhejiang the Yue (state), Yue people (越族) get surname Fèng (奉)
There are two recorded origins for the name. The first according to the Xingyuan (《姓苑》) from a prince originally with the name Jiang. The second according to Weishu Guanshizhi 《魏书·官氏志》 the name Fu (复) was changed to Feng (封).
Notable people with the surname Fēng (封)
- Feng Deyi (封德彝) (568–627), formal name Feng Lun (封倫) chancellor to the emperors of the Tang Dynasty
- Feng Changqing (Chinese: 封常清; pinyin: Fēng Chángqīng; Wade–Giles: Feng Ch'angch'ing (died January 24, 756) a general of the Tang Dynasty.