Aladag on set
13 January 1972 |
|Occupation||film director, film actor, screenwriter, producer|
|Years active||1995 – present|
Early life and acting
Aladag was born as Feodora Schenk in 1972, she later married a Turkish-German man. She began her film career as an actress, completing her training in London and Vienna from 1990-1995. While studying acting she also completed a masters in Psychology and Journalism, continuing on to receive her Doctorate of Philosophy in 2000.
She acted in numerous film and television productions while attending master-classes and directing seminars at the European Film Academy and the German Film and Television Academy. During this time she also maintained a career as a successful scriptwriter and commercial film director; directing various spots for Amnesty International and writing scripts for the German television series Tatort.
"When We Leave"
Aladag's directorial debut When We Leave had its world premiere at the 60th Berlin International Film Festival in 2010, where it won the Europa Cinema Label Award. It went on to win the World Narrative Feature Competition at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival, as well as the German Film Prize for Best Actress for Sibel Kekilli, and the for Best Film in Bronze.
The film's festival run included several international film festivals, where it won some "best of" and audience awards at festivals like the São Paulo International Film Festival, the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival and the Angers European First Film Festival in France.
Independent Artists Filmproduction
- "Feo Aladag " Filmportal.de
- ""When We Leave" Wins Tribeca's Top Honor". CBS News. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Deutscher Filmpreis 2010". Der Spiegel. 2010-04-24. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Imdb". Imdb. 2013-10-20. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "'When We Leave' is German Oscar submission". hollywoodreporter. Retrieved 2010-10-02.[dead link]
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "Independent Artists Company Website". Independent Artists Filmproduction. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Feo Aladag.|