|Key people||Johan H. Andresen jr. (CEO)
Grace Skaugen (Chairman)
|Revenue||NOK 6,602 million (2006)|
|Operating income||NOK 1,192 million (2006)|
|Net income||NOK 985 million (2006)|
|Owners||Johan H. Andresen jr.|
Ferd is a Norwegian conglomerate that operates within industry and finance as well as a real estate portfolio. The group is owned by Johan H. Andresen and his two daughters Katharina and Alexandra; and dates back to 1778. The group also has a number of venture and private equity holdings.
The company operates in several business areas including:
- Ferd Capital and Ferd Invest - an investor in private and public companies in Norway making investments from the company's balance sheets
- Ferd External Managers - a fund of funds making investments in hedge funds, private equity funds and mutual funds
- Ferd Real Estate - manages approximately 70,000 square meters of real estate
- Herkules Capital (formerly Ferd Private Equity) makes private equity investments
The company dates back to 1778 when the Andresen family started a tobacco factory. In 1849 the family bought J. L. Tiedemanns Tobaksfabrik that it owned until it was merged with Skandinavisk Tobakskompagni.
In 1957 the group established Elopak that produces systems for packaging of fluids and in 1978 it bought the sport equipment manufacturer Swix. The name Ferd dates from 2001.
Ferd Private Equity, renamed Herkules Capital after its spinout in 2008, makes private equity investments on behalf of third party investors through leveraged buyouts and growth capital infusions Herkules currently manages approximately NOK 6.25 billion. Ferd Private Equity was established in 2003 with Ferd serving as the cornerstone investor in the group's first fund. Ferd raised a new fund in 2006 and completed a spinout in March 2008.
Ferd's portfolio consists, among others, of:
- Halvorsen, Marit Tronier (17 October 2014). "Her er Norges rikeste". dn.no (in Norwegian). Dagens Næringsliv. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Ferd Private Equity spins out, renames itself Herkules." AltAssets, March 17, 2008