From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The son of a singer, he appeared in the Paris Opéra chorus in 1818 and as a soloist in 1824 in Grétry's Anacréon chez Polycrate. He enjoyed a long career creating a number of minor roles in important operas.
- Adam in the revised version (1823) of La mort d'Abel by Rodolphe Kreutzer, 17 March 1823
- Omar in Le siège de Corinthe by Gioachino Rossini, 9 October 1826
- Mambre/Aufide in the revised version of Mosè in Egitto by Gioachino Rossini, 26 March 1827
- Borella in La muette de Portici by Daniel Auber, 29 February 1828
- Leuthold in William Tell by Gioachino Rossini, 3 August 1829
- Armfelt in Gustave III by Daniel Auber, 27 February 1833
- Albert in La Juive by Fromental Halévy, 23 February 1835
- Téobaldo in Guido et Ginevra by Halévy, 5 March 1838
- Bernardino in Benvenuto Cellini by Hector Berlioz, 10 September 1838
He also played roles in:
- Le comte Ory by Gioachino Rossini, 20 August 1828
- Les Huguenots by Giacomo Meyerbeer, 29 February 1836
- Jullien 1888, p. 120.