Fergus Kelly is an academic at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies. His research interests centre around early Irish law-texts and wisdom-texts.
A prolific author and researcher, he has written and edited a number of books and many articles including A guide to early Irish law. He co-edits the journal Celtica and has collaborated with many others including Thomas Charles-Edwards.
Kelly's publications include:
- Audacht Morainn (Dublin 1976)
- A guide to early Irish law (Dublin 1988, reprinted 1991, 1995)
- Early Irish farming: the evidence of the law-texts (Dublin 1997, reprinted 1998)
A full list of publications is available here.
- Fergus Kelly on the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- A guide to early Irish law in the DIAS Catalogue, reviewed here.
- Fergus Kelly in the BBC's plantation series.
- Fergus Kelly speaks in Trinity College about 'Early Irish Music: An overview of the linguistic and documentary evidence'.