Fermatta Music Academy
|Fermatta Music Academy|
|Motto||Vincere Aut Mori|
|Location||Mexico City-Guadalajara, Mexico|
The Fermatta Music Academy is a higher education music school located in Mexico City, Mexico with an additional campus in Guadalajara, Mexico. The academy was founded in 1993. Fermatta Music Academy is a founding member of the International Association of Music Colleges and Universities. It is the first institution of musical education at the professional level endorsed by the Ministry of Education in Mexico.
The Fermatta Music Academy was founded in 1993.
In 2013, Fermatta Music Academy named Jack White an honorary dean. White was the first musician to receive the award in the academy’s history. He visited the academy for its 20th anniversary on August 22, 2013. The academy also awarded White with a Lifetime Achievement award on his visit.
The academy offers a Bachelor of Music program in performance, composition and music engineering and production. Other programs include a electronic music production and DJ certification and a graduate certificate program with studies in marketing, promotion, publishing, royalties, concerts and tours.
Lawsuits against students
Fermatta has sued students for expressing negative opinions about the school on social networks like twitter.
- Rodrigo O. (2014-3-3). "Clausuran escuelas de musica Fermatta" (in spanish). Expectaculos. Retrieved 7/1/2014.
- Reed, Ryan (9/4/2013). "Jack White Made Honorary Dean of Music Academy". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 7/1/2014.
- "Fermatta Music Academy (Academia de Música Fermatta), Mexico City". International Directory of Music and Music Education Institutions. Retrieved 7/1/2014.
- "Jack White named honorary dean of Mexican music academy". Uncut. Retrieved 7/1/2014.
- "Jack White named honorary dean of Mexican music academy". NME. 9/5/2013. Retrieved 7/1/2014.
- "Jack White Named Honorary Dean of Music Academy". Elmore Magazine. 9/5/2013. Retrieved 7/1/2014.
- "Academia de Música Fermatta abre inscripciones" (in spanish). Sabotage Magazine. Retrieved 7/1/2014.
- "Sopitas.com » Fermatta demanda a ex alumno por twittear en su contra". sopitas.com. Retrieved 2014-03-30.