Fernando García Roel
|Fernando García Roel|
|2nd Rector of the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (ITESM)|
|Preceded by||Víctor Bravo Ahuja|
|Succeeded by||Rafael Rangel Sostmann|
14 August 1921|
Monterrey, Nuevo León
|Died||26 February 2009
|Spouse(s)||Laura Molina (married on 1 July 1946)|
|Children||Fernando and Héctor|
|Alma mater||National Autonomous University of Mexico and University of Wisconsin–Madison|
Fernando García Roel (14 August 1921 – 26 February 2009) was a Mexican chemical engineer. He served as the second rector of the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (ITESM, 1960–1984).
García Roel was born in Monterrey, Nuevo León, into a family composed by Mario A. García and María Roel, sister of prominent historian Santiago Roel. He received a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (1943) and a master's degree in the same discipline from the University of Wisconsin–Madison (1948).
In 1966 he was given the University of Wisconsin–Madison's Distinguished Service Award and in 1984 the Víctor Márquez Domínguez Prize of the Mexican Institute of Chemical Engineers. He was conferred an honorary doctorate by the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1979.
- Lajoie, Lucian F.; Myer, Jack D; Castillo Nájera, Francisco (1972). Who's Notable in Mexico. vol. 1 (1st ed. ed.). Mexico City, Mexico. OCLC 1784836.
- "Muere ex rector del Tec de Monterrey" (in Spanish). El Siglo de Torreón. 2009-02-27. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- Garza, José (1997-02-09). "Entrevista a Adriana García Roel" (in Spanish). El Norte. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- Ortiz, Aída (2009-03-06). "Rinden homenaje póstumo a Fernando García Roel, ex Rector del Tecnológico de Monterrey" (in Spanish). Crónica Intercampus. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- "Engineers' Day 1966 Award Recipients". University of Wisconsin–Madison. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Premio Ing. Víctor Márquez Domínguez al Progreso Profesional en la Ingeniería Química" (in Spanish). Instituto Mexicano de Ingenieros Químicos. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Recipients of Honorary Degrees Conferred by the UW-Madison". University of Wisconsin–Madison. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Rinden homenaje a Fernando García Roel" (in Spanish). Crónica Intercampus. 2006-02-24. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
|This article about a Mexican engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|