|Full name||Fernando Sales de los Cobos|
|Date of birth||12 September 1977|
|Place of birth||Seville, Spain|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|1997||→ Los Palacios (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 June 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Sales was born in Seville, Andalusia. A product of local Real Betis' youth system, he first appeared professionally with lowly CD Isla Cristina and Levante UD (then in the third division, achieving promotion in his first year).
After making his La Liga debuts with Real Valladolid in the 2000–01 season, during a 1–1 away draw against UD Las Palmas, and being an undisputed starter in the following three years (scoring a combined total of 15 league goals), Sales transferred to Sevilla FC on a five-year contract, upon Valladolid's 2004 relegation. He appeared sporadically for his new club during his first two campaigns, being restricted to Copa del Rey games in the 2006–07 campaign and not registered at all (alongside teammate Jesuli) in the following season.
On 13 January 2008, Sales moved to Real Club Celta de Vigo on a free transfer. In September he signed a one-year deal with another second level outfit, Hércules CF, being reunited with former Valladolid teammate Tote.
- Renato and Sales head for Seville; UEFA.com, 7 July 2004
- Fernando Sales, first Winter transfer window Celeste signing; Celta's official website, 13 January 2008 (Spanish)
- Fernando Sales, último fichaje del Hércules (Fernando Sales, last Hércules acquisition); Marca, 2 September 2008 (Spanish)
- Francisco Montañés y Fernando Sales, nuevos refuerzos del Alcorcón (Francisco Montañés and Fernando Sales, new Alcorcón signings); Marca, 5 August 2010 (Spanish)
- Alcorcón official profile (Spanish)
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- Transfermarkt profile