||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
24 February 1967 |
Córdoba, Andalusia (Spain)
Since he was very young, Tejero knew he wanted to be an actor. However his father wanted Tejero to become a bullfighter. Tejero studied acting at the Escuela de Arte Dramático de Córdoba, the Centro Andaluz de Teatro and the Escuela de Arte Dramático Cristina Rota de Madrid.
As a struggling actor, Tejero worked with his parents in a seafood market. According to Tejero, during this period in his life, he had his first bad experience with showbusiness. He said he met a very famous Spanish actress with whom he had a cordial conversation. She ignored him and looked at him with contempt when she discovered he worked at a seafood market.
Tejero went on to perform in bit parts in Spanish movies, slowly gaining recognition. He was able to establish a bond with a production company called Animalario. In 2003, he was offered a role in Días de fútbol, for which he won the Goya Award for best new actor. In that same year, during the casting of the now-famous Spanish ensemble comedy Aquí no hay quien viva, he was originally offered the part of Paco, the video store clerk. However, a new role was subsequently created for him, that of Emilio, the concierge; this allowed him a much more visible role than originally planned. With the show's great success, Tejero has become a household name in Spain.
Since then, he has had leading roles in films, such as El penalti más largo del mundo.
- Sobreviviré (1999)
- Mujer de mi vida, La (2001)
- Noche de reyes (2001)
- Compañeros (2002)
- Los lunes al sol (2002)
- Torremolinos 73 (2003)
- Días de fútbol (2003)
- Aquí no hay quien viva (2003)
- 3 en el Camino (2004)
- Cachorro (2004)
- Crimen Ferpecto, El (2004)
- Asombroso mundo de Borjamari y Pocholo, El (2004)
- El espantatiburones (2004)
- Noche Hache (2006)
- Volando voy (2006)
- Va a ser que nadie es perfecto (2006)
- Gominolas (2007)
- Al final del camino (2008)
- Cinco metros cuadrados (2012)
- La chispa de la vida (2012)
- La que se avecina (2012)
- Goya Award: Best new actor (2003)
- Unión de Actores: Best television actor (2004)
- Fotogramas de Plata: Best television actor (2005)
- TP: Best television actor (2004)