Ferrari F14 T
|Chassis||Carbon fibre and honeycomb composite structure|
|Suspension (front)||Independent suspension, pull rod-activated torsion springs|
|Suspension (rear)||Independent suspension, pull rod-activated torsion springs|
|Engine||Ferrari 059/3 1.6 L (98 cu in) V6, turbocharged, 15,000 RPM limited with ERS, mid-mounted.|
|Transmission||Bespoke Scuderia Ferrari unit with eight forward gears plus one reverse semi-automatic sequential electronically-controlled gearbox, quick-shift, with servo-controlled hydraulic limited-slip differential|
|Weight||691 kg (1,523.4 lb) (with driver)|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||Scuderia Ferrari|
|Notable drivers||7. Kimi Räikkönen
14. Fernando Alonso
|Debut||2014 Australian Grand Prix|
The Ferrari F14 T (also known by its internal name, Project Code 665) is a Formula One racing car designed by Nicholas Tombazis, Rory Byrne and James Allison for Ferrari to compete in the 2014 Formula One season. It was driven by former World Drivers' Champions Fernando Alonso and Kimi Räikkönen, who returned to the team after a five-year absence. The F14 T was designed to use Ferrari's new 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged engine, the 059/3. The name of the car was chosen by fans in a poll organised by Ferrari. The "14" represents the year of competition, and the "T" reflects the series' shift to a turbocharged engine formula.
The F14 T was the first turbo powered Formula One car for Ferrari since the Gustav Brunner designed F1/87/88C driven by Michele Alboreto and Gerhard Berger in 1988. The car was not successful; it was also the first Ferrari machine since the Ferrari F93A, from 1993, that failed to score at least one Grand Prix win.
The F14 T was unveiled on 25 January 2014. Like all 2014 Formula One cars, the F14 T featured a lower nose, with a flatter concept compared to other 2014 cars. Ferrari retained their pullrod front suspension, despite reports that it would be dropped. The rear was revised to accommodate the new powerplant and rear wing rules.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2014||Scuderia Ferrari||Ferrari 059/3||P||Kimi Räikkönen||7||12||10||8||7||12||10||10||Ret||11||6||4||9||8||12||9||13||7||10||216||4th|
‡ — Teams and drivers scored double points at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Straw, Edd (25 January 2014). "Ferrari: reliability will be the deciding factor in 2014 Formula 1 season". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "F14 T Tech Specs Engine". Ferrari.com. Ferrari S.p.A. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Official: Raikkonen seals Ferrari return". GPUpdate (GPUpdate). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Fernando Alonso signs new Ferrari contract". BBC Sport (BBC). 8 March 2012. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "F14 T Tech Specs Description". Ferrari.com. Ferrari S.p.A. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Noble, Jonathan (25 January 2014). "Ferrari unveils its 2014 Formula 1 design, the F14 T". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 1 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ferrari F14 T.|