Ferrovie della Sardegna
|Type||Limited liability company|
|Products||Rail transport, Road transport|
|Website||Corporate web site (in Italian)
Tickets - Timetable
The island is connected by a series of romantic trains that provide stunning views often inaccessible from roads
The Ferrovie della Sardegna (Railways of Sardinia), know also as ARST Gestione FdS and with the acronym FdS, is the regional railway network, in the island of Sardinia, Italy.
It's the second railway operator in Sardinia, after Ferrovie dello Stato, it is a constituted by 203 kilometers of railways used for public transport, plus other 4 turistic lines, known as Trenino Verde, which run through the wildest parts of the island.
The company was founded in 1989, it is a narrow gauge railway system, using diesel locomotives and multiple units, electrified tram-trains in the metropolitan areas of Sassari and Cagliari and vintage diesel and steam locomotives on the touristic lines.
Today working in progress are modernizing several lines with the electrification of routes around the metropolitan areas of Sassari and Cagliari, new 6 diesel multiple units, built from Firema and Keller Electromechanics and panorama car trains on the touristic lines.
Public Transport Lines 
- Line Macomer-Tirso-Nuoro
- Line Sassari-Nulvi
- Line Sassari-Sorso (work in progress are converting the line in a light rail transit)
- Line Sassari-Alghero (planned conversion in light rail transit)
- Line Monserrato-Isili
- Metro-tramway of Sassari
- Metro-tramway of Cagliari
Turistic Lines (Trenino Verde) 
- Line Macomer-Bosa
- Line Nulvi-Tempio Pausania-Luras-Palau
- Line Mandas-Gairo-Arbatax
- Line Mandas-Isili-Sorgono
Dismantled Lines 
- Line Siliqua-San Giovanni Suergiu-Calasetta (Ferrovie Meridionali Sarde)
- Line Iglesias-Monteponi-San Giovanni Suergiu (Ferrovie Meridionali Sarde)
- Line Gairo-Jerzu
- Line Isili-Villamar-Villacidro
- Line Villamar-Ales
- Line Tirso-Ozieri
- Line Luras-Monti