Ferrovie della Sardegna
|Type||Limited liability company|
|Products||Rail transport, Road transport|
|Website||Corporate web site (in Italian)
Tickets - Timetable
The Ferrovie della Sardegna (Railways of Sardinia), know also as ARST Gestione FdS and with the acronym FdS, was the regional railway network, in the island of Sardinia, Italy. In 2010 was totally integrated in the main regional public transport company, the ARST (Azienda Regionale Sarda Trasporti).
It's the second railway operator in Sardinia, after Ferrovie dello Stato, it is a constituted by 203 kilometers of railways used for public transport, plus other 4 turistic lines, known as Trenino Verde, which run through the wildest parts of the island.
The company was founded in 1989, it is a narrow gauge railway system, using diesel locomotives and multiple units, electrified tram-trains in the metropolitan areas of Sassari and Cagliari and vintage diesel and steam locomotives on the touristic lines.
Today working in progress are modernizing several lines with the electrification of routes around the metropolitan areas of Sassari and Cagliari, new 6 diesel multiple units, built from Firema and Keller Electromechanics and panorama car trains on the touristic lines.
Public Transport Lines
- Line Macomer-Tirso-Nuoro
- Line Sassari-Nulvi
- Line Sassari-Sorso (work in progress are converting the line in a light rail transit)
- Line Sassari-Alghero (planned conversion in light rail transit)
- Line Monserrato-Isili
- Metro-tramway of Sassari
- Metro-tramway of Cagliari
Tourist Lines (Trenino Verde)
- Line Macomer-Bosa
- Line Nulvi-Tempio Pausania-Luras-Palau
- Line Mandas-Gairo-Arbatax
- Line Mandas-Isili-Sorgono
- Line Siliqua-San Giovanni Suergiu-Calasetta (Ferrovie Meridionali Sarde)
- Line Iglesias-Monteponi-San Giovanni Suergiu (Ferrovie Meridionali Sarde)
- Line Gairo-Jerzu
- Line Isili-Villamar-Villacidro
- Line Villamar-Ales
- Line Tirso-Ozieri
- Line Luras-Monti