Festival of Lights
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Festival of Lights or Celebration of Light may refer to:
- Diwali, a religious festival associated with Hinduism, Sikhism, and Jainism often referred to as the Festival of Lights
- Hanukkah, a Jewish holiday also called The Festival of Lights
- Tazaungdaing festival, a Buddhist festival marking the end of Kathina
- Berlin Festival of Lights, one of the largest and best-known illumination festivals and public events in the world. It takes place each year in October, where for 12 consecutive nights, Berlin’s world famous landmarks, cultural monuments, historical buildings, streets and other locations become transformed through light, projections and events. The festival is a highlight for thousands of photographers.
- Sarnia Celebration of Lights, a 7 week event in Nov to Jan held in Sarnia, Ontario at Cenntenial Park. The Sarnia Celebration of Lights has over 160 Displays and over 50,000 Lights. Most Displays have been converted using Energy Efficient LED Light Bulbs. Some of the Displays include a 72 foot wide, over the road, twin candle arch, a 50 foot high Neptune's castle, the Transalta winter village area with lighted houses, a 40 foot long lighted ship freighter, Snoopy & Red Baron display, Toyland display area, postcard, school of fish, mermaid, downhill toboganers, 6 marching soldiers, gift box bear, manger scene, Noah's ark, peace on earth scroll, lighthouse, shipwreck display, skating family, candle point area, man and boy with Christmas tree, and 35 lighted walkway arches. All can be seen on Sarnia's waterfront during the Christmas season.
- Festival of Lights, an event run in conjunction with Blackpool Illuminations
- Celebration of Light, fireworks and light display in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Celebration of Lights, a former winter lights festival in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Festival of Lights (film), a 2010 film
- Festival of Lights (Hawaii), annual Christmas celebration in Hawaii
- Festival of Lights (Lyon), a French local tradition known as Fête des lumières
- Festival of Lights (New Plymouth), a summer event of lights and performances
- Festival of Northern Lights, held each winter in Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
- Holiday Trail of Lights, a multi-city event celebrated in Louisiana and Texas in the United States
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, annual festival on North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois
- Peterborough Summer Festival of Lights, concert series in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
- Festival of Light Australia, an advocacy group
- Nationwide Festival of Light, a series rallies by conservative Christian groups in September 1971 in the United Kingdom
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.