She made her marathon debut at the 2009 Venice Marathon and finished in tenth place with a time of 2:36:57. Feyse gained her first international selection for Ethiopia at the 2010 IAAF World Cross Country Championships in Bydgoszcz. She finished seventh on her senior debut at the event and helped an Ethiopian team of Meselech Melkamu, Tirunesh Dibaba and Mamitu Daska to the silver medal in the team race behind Kenya.
Later that season, she won the Bologna Half Marathon with a time of 1:10:08, which was enough to gain her selection for the 2010 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships. She ran a personal best time of 1:09:28 at the championships in Nanning to finish in fourth place, sharing in the team silver medal alongside Dire Tune and Meseret Mengistu. She ended her breakthrough year with a personal best run of 1:08:50 at the Delhi Half Marathon, where she was seventh.
Her first marathon of 2011 came in January at the Dubai Marathon, where she finished tenth. She won the Rabat Half Marathon in a personal best of 1:08:44 hours in April, then was runner-up at the Jakarta International 10K the month after. She ran a personal best time of 2:25:20 hours at the Eindhoven Marathon in October 2011, finishing third just behind fellow Ethiopian Shitaye Bedaso. In November, she won the 10km de Marseille and the Cross de l'Acier. She opened 2012 with her second fastest performance of 1:09:15 hours for fourth place at the RAK Half Marathon. A new marathon best came at the Seoul International Marathon a month later and her time of 2:23:26 hours was enough to win her first race over the distance. Her good form continued at the Yangzhou Jianzhen International Half Marathon, where she was runner-up to Kenyan Fyles Ongori.
Her first individual global medal came at the 2012 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships, where she led until the final stages, ending up second behind team mate Meseret Hailu. A personal best and course record followed at the Shanghai Marathon, which she won in a time of 2:23:07 hours.
She ran at the RAK Half Marathon for a second year running and set a best of 68:35 minutes, coming ninth in a fast field. She won the 2013 Paris Marathon, setting a new race record of 2:21:06 hours.
|2010||World Cross Country Championships||Bydgoszcz, Poland||7th||Senior race|
|World Half Marathon Championships||Nanning, China||4th||Half marathon|
|2012||World Half Marathon Championships||Kavarna, Bulgaria||2nd||Half marathon|
- 25 OCTOBER 2009: VENICE MARATHON, ITALY. AIMS. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- Johnson, Len (2010-03-28). Chebet's strong finish prevails - Women's Senior race report - Bydgoszcz 2010. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- 9th Edition of the Bologna Half Marathon (Italian). Fodipe. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- Ramsak, Bob (2010-10-14). Kiplagat the favourite, as Kenya and Ethiopia prepare to tussle – WOMEN'S RACE PREVIEW – Nanning 2010. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- Ramsak, Bob (2010-10-16). Kiplagat kicks to gold - Women’s Race – Nanning 2010. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- 2010 World HM Championships - Official Team Results Half Marathon - W. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- Murali, Ram. Krishnan (2010-11-21). Mergia recaptures women’s crown, Mutai foils Ethiopian sweep at Delhi Half Marathon. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-12-28.
- Feysa Tadesse. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2011-12-01.
- Minshull, Phil & van Hemert, Wim (2011-10-09). Kipchumba sizzles 2:05:48 course record in Eindhoven. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-10-20.
- Hutchings, Tim (2012-02-17). Keitany wins but records blown off course in windy RAK Half Marathon. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-02-19.
- Yelena Kurdyumova and Sergey Porada (2012-03-18). Loyanae cruises 2:05:37 to shatter course record in Seoul. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-03-24.
- Jalava, Mirko (2012-04-30). Abshero and Ongori take Half Marathon victories in Yangzhou. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-05-03.
- Ramsak, Bob (2012-10-06). Hailu surprises in Kavarna - Women's race Report – World Half Marathon Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-03-02.
- Shen, Shushu (2012-12-02). Marathon breaks runner record. Global Times. Retrieved on 2013-03-02.
- Kabuu and Kipsang triumph in high-quality races at Ras al-Khaimah Half. IAAF (2013-02-15). Retrieved on 2013-03-02.
- Vazel, Pierre-Jean (2013-04-07). Tadese breaks course record in Paris as Some smashes PB. IAAF. Retrieved on 2013-04-07.