|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Genres||Hardcore punk (early material)
|Associated acts||The Homosexuals
Funky See Funky Do
Slam Down Birthday Cake
Julian Bennett Holmes
Fiasco was a Brooklyn-based trio formed in October 2005 by Jonathan Edelstein (guitar/vocals), Julian Bennett Holmes (drums), and Lucian Buscemi (electric bass/vocals), although all three are multi-instrumentalists. They were known for their intense, high-energy music, their energetic live shows, and for playing off the venue's stage, in the round. They drew influences from early 1980s hardcore punk bands such as Minor Threat, Flipper and Bad Brains, as well as more recent noise and indie rock bands such as Lightning Bolt, Fugazi, and Shellac, and math rock bands including Hella and Don Caballero.
Fiasco formed in 2005 in Park Slope, Brooklyn. On June 24, 2007, Fiasco released "God Loves Fiasco," their 23-track debut on their own Beautiful Records label, receiving positive reviews from Spin, among others.
On May 14, 2008, the band announced that they signed to independent Brooklyn label Impose Records, and would be releasing a new LP entitled Native Canadians, which they said will be released in a package containing the 12" vinyl record and a CD. Impose is the same independent label that also released fellow Brooklyn band; Total Slacker, in 2010.
On June 17, 2008, the band announced on their Myspace that they would have their first national concert tour in August 2008, in order to promote Native Canadians prior to its release, which was later revealed would be October 14, 2008.
30 second sample from "Oh, You Horny Monster" by Fiasco.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
In July 2009, Fiasco announced that they were recording a new LP.
In July 2012, after seven years, they called it quits due to other commitments.
Press and Film
- God Loves Fiasco (Beautiful Records, June 24, 2007)
- Native Canadians (Impose Records, October 14, 2008)
- Fabulous Bozo EP (Internet only, 2009)
- Sinus Rhythm Breakdown - Single (2012)
- Fiasco in Spin Magazine
- Impose Records: Impose Signs Fiasco
- CMJ: Impose's Latest Fiasco
- Spin.com: Fiasco
- Oh My Rockness: Fiasco
- CMJ Staff Blog: Fiasco @ The Silent Barn
- CMJ Staff Blog: Fiasco @ The Knitting Factory
- CMJ Staff Blog: Fiasco @ Bowery Ballroom
- New York Times: Mama Was a Riot Grrrl? Then Pick Up a Guitar and Play
- New York Magazine: Burning Down the House
- The Future is Unwritten: Production Notes
- Sarajevo Film Festival: Midnight Meetings Programme
- The Deli NYC