|Assembly||Kragujevac, Serbia (Fiat Srbija)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door hatchback|
|Platform||Small US Wide / GM Fiat Small platform|
|Related||Fiat Grande Punto
Alfa Romeo MiTo
|Engine||0.9 L TwinAir Turbo I2 (petrol)
0.9 L TwinAir Turbo I2 (petrol/CNG)
1.4 L Fire I4 (petrol)
1.3 L MultiJet II I4 (diesel)
1.6 L Multijet I4 (diesel)
5-speed semi-automatic (Dualogic)
|Wheelbase||2,612 mm (102.8 in)|
|Length||4,140 mm (163.0 in)
4,350 mm (171.3 in) (Living)
|Width||1,780 mm (70.1 in)|
|Height||1,660 mm (65.4 in)|
|Kerb weight||1245kg - 1365kg|
The Fiat 500L is a five-door mini MPV based on the design of Fiat 500. It was codenamed Fiat L0 (or Ellezero) during development and was initially scheduled to be launched in 2011 but was delayed until the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, and later in 2012 LA Auto Show. The 500L went on sale internationally from the end of 2012, with the US and UK by spring 2013. Altogether, the 500L is going to be for sale in over 100 countries.
The 500L includes three derivatives: the five-seat 500L initially launched at the end of 2012, the crossover styled Trekking on sale from 2013, and the seven-seat Living (MPW in Ireland and UK), also launched in 2013.
- 1 Model details
- 2 Trim levels
- 3 Engines
- 4 Safety
- 5 Production
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Marketing
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The L stands for Large/Lounge, and the 500L (also known by its design code 330) is 4,140 mm (163.0 in) long, 1,780 mm (70.1 in) wide and 1,660 mm (65.4 in) high, a significant 594 mm (23.4 in) longer as well as a little wider and taller than the Fiat 500 and slightly larger than the Fiat Idea. The car is built on the US wide version of the GM Fiat Small platform.
Early models included a choice of two petrol and one diesel engines: a 1.4-litre 100 PS (74 kW; 99 hp) four-cylinder and a TwinAir with 105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp) featuring six-speed gearboxes; and a 95 PS (70 kW; 94 hp) 1.3-litre turbo-diesel with a five-speed gearbox. A 1.6-litre diesel will be launched later.
500L Trekking (2013-)
The 500L Trekking is a version of the Fiat 500L, first presented at the automobile show in Los Angeles, California, in 2012.
The Trekking has higher ground clearance (the car is raised by 13 mm) and is longer (by 11 cm). It has larger 17 x 7-inch aluminum wheels, two-tone Nero/Marrone (black/brown) interior upholstery, Uconnect 5.0 system features a 5-inch touchscreen interface, handsfree calling, Bluetooth-streaming audio, as well as voice-command control of the radio.
The vehicle is scheduled to arrive at Fiat dealers in mid-2013. Engine options depend on market, with a 1.4 L MultiAir turbo 160 hp engine and a 1.3 L diesel available.
Fiat 500L Living/MPW (2013)
The seven-seat version of the 500L is called Living (or MPW in Ireland and UK). The Living model was developed under project code L1, Elleuno, or design code 334.
SEMA concepts (2013)
Two special versions of the 500L were unveiled in 2013 SEMA Show with a "surf and turf" theme. The 500L Adventurer is a version of 5-seat Fiat 500L with bright white body colour, with Mopar roof rails and a roof basket, and many other accessories from the Mopar range. The 500L Thalassa is a based on the Fiat 500 Beach Cruiser from 2012, with bright orange body work and 18" orange wheels and other Mopar accessories.
Fiat 500L Beats Edition (2014-)
The Beats Edition is a version of 500L produced in association with artist and record producer Dr. Dre and Interscope Geffen A&M Records chairman and record producer Jimmy Iovine, with two-tone grey/black livery in matt or gloss finish and new interior trim. It went on sale in spring 2014 Italy, with other markets soon after.
Trekking: Six exterior color options, unique front and rear fascias, and satin silver body side moldings and door handles.
For most markets, the 500L is available in a range of petrol and diesel engines; the 2-cylinder 0.9 L Twin Air and the 4-cylinder 1.4 L petrol, and the 1.3 L and 1.6 L MultiJet II common rail diesel engines. In North America the 500L is only available with a 1.4 L turbo petrol engine, not available in Europe. A "Natural Power" methane powered version of the 0.9 L Twin Air is available in selected European markets.
All petrol models are equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission, with an automatic option only in North America. The 1.3 L diesel is available with 5-speed manual or a 5-speed semi-automatic transmission called "MTA Dualogic". The 1.6 diesel is only available with a 6-speed manual.
For 2014 three new engine options (1.6 MultiJet II (120PS) turbo diesel, 1.4 T-Jet (120PS) petrol, 1.4 Turbo LPG) were announced for all 500L derivatives. A 1.4 turbo LPG engine models of 2014 Fiat 500L would be available at later date.
|0.9 TwinAir Natural Power||875 cc I2||Petrol/CNG||6-speed manual||80 PS (59 kW; 79 hp) @ 5500 rpm||140 N·m (103 lb·ft) @ 2000 rpm||105 g/km|
|0.9 TwinAir Turbo||875 cc I2||Petrol||6-speed manual||105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp) @ 5500 rpm||145 N·m (107 lb·ft) @ 2000 rpm||112 g/km|
|1.4 16V FIRE||1368 cc I4||Petrol/LPG||6-speed manual||95 PS (70 kW; 94 hp) @ 6000 rpm||127 N·m (94 lb·ft) @ 4500 rpm||145 g/km|
|1.3 16V MultiJet II||1248 cc I4||Diesel||5-speed manual||85 PS (63 kW; 84 hp) @ 3500 rpm||200 N·m (148 lb·ft) @ 1500 rpm||110 g/km|
|1.3 16V MultiJet II||1248 cc I4||Diesel||5-speed automatic||85 PS (63 kW; 84 hp) @ 3500 rpm||200 N·m (148 lb·ft) @ 1500 rpm||105 g/km|
|1.6 16V MultiJet II||1598 cc I4||Diesel||6-speed manual||105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp) @ 3750 rpm||320 N·m (236 lb·ft) @ 1750 rpm||117 g/km|
|1.6 16V MultiJet II||1598 cc I4||Diesel||6-speed manual||120 PS (88 kW; 120 hp) @ 3750 rpm||320 N·m (236 lb·ft) @ 1750 rpm||120 g/km|
|1.4 FIRE T-Jet||1368 cc I4||Petrol/LPG||6-speed manual||120 PS (88 kW; 120 hp) @ 5,000 rpm||206 N·m (152 lb·ft) @ 2,000 rpm||145 g/km|
|1.4 Turbo MultiAir||1368 cc I4||Petrol||6-speed manual||162 PS (119 kW; 160 hp) @ 5,500 rpm||250 N·m (184 lb·ft) @ 2,500 rpm||132 g/km|
|1.4 Turbo MultiAir||1368 cc I4||Petrol||6-speed automatic||162 PS (119 kW; 160 hp) @ 5,500 rpm||250 N·m (184 lb·ft) @ 2,500 rpm||123 g/km|
|Euro NCAP test results|
|Fiat 500L (2012)|
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
|Moderate overlap frontal offset||Good|
|Small overlap frontal offset||Poor|
The 500L is manufactured at Fiat’s Kragujevac plant in Serbia, previously the Zastava Automobiles factory, though it was initially intended to be manufactured at the Italian Mirafiori plant in Turin, but poor labor relations resulted in the manufacturing leaving Italy.
In 2013-05-23, a ship carrying the first 3,000 Fiat 500L units for the North American market has docked in the port of Baltimore (United States) to unload its first consignment. The vessel then set sail for the Canadian port of Halifax where it completed the delivery of the remainder of its cargo on the 26th May.
Introducing the Fiat 500L at 2012 Geneva Motor Show
As part of Fiat 500L Trekking launch, a 500L Trekking commercial directed by the director Adam Stevens for the production company 'Filmmaster Productions' was premiered in 2013-06-30.
- "Ultimi collaudi per la Fiat Ellezero prima di Ginevra" (in Italian). Quattroruote.it. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Ciferri, Luca. "4-Door Fiat 500 Coming to North America". MSN Autos. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "2014 Fiat 500L adds size, refinement and toys to 500 lineup". Autoblog.
- 2014 Fiat 500L rounds out the model range
- "Larger Fiat 500L to Debut in Geneva Next Month". Wall Street Journal. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Fiat 500L, Cool & Capable". fiatpress.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "First Fiat 500L Photos Released". Inside Line. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "First drive review: Fiat 500L". Autocar. 5 July 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "Fiat 500L Gets World's First In-Car Espresso Machine". Inside Line. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- Chris Tutor RSS feed. "Fiat 500L to launch with world's first in-car coffee maker option". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking takes the hatchback into the big leagues
- "Spy Shots about Fiat Ellezero (Type 330)". Autoedizione.com. 2012-01-05. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- Chrysler Group LLC Reveals Mopar-modified Show Vehicles at 2013 SEMA Show
- "Fiat 500L SEMA Concepts Prepped for Surf and Turf". AutoGuide.com. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- 500L Beats Edition and new 2014 500L range: the new additions to the 500 family for continuing growth
- Fiat 500L: NUOVI MOTORI PER IL FESTIVAL DI SANREMO
- Fiat Panda 4x4 Antartica, Fiat Freemont Black Code and 3 new engine versions for the 500 family - the stars of the show at Frankfurt 2013
- "2014 Fiat 500L rounds out the model range". Autoblog.com. AOL. 28 November 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "New model Fiat 500L". italiaspeed.com. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Euro NCAP results for Fiat 500L" (PDF). euroncap.com. 2012.
- "Marchionne: Sindacati poco seri in Italia". Blitzquotidiano.it. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- The Fiat 500L lands in North America
- New Fiat 500L Trekking Commercial Airs
- 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics: Fiat is always at the side of athletes with CONI
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fiat 500L.|
|« previous — Fiat Automobiles S.p.A. car timeline, European market, 1980s–present|
|City car||126||Cinquecento||Seicento / 600|
|Panda I||Panda II||Panda III|
|Supermini||Hatch||127||Uno||Punto I||Punto II|
|Palio||Grande Punto||Punto Evo||Punto|
|Small family car||Hatch||Ritmo||Tipo||Bravo I / Brava||Stilo||Bravo II|
|Large family car||132||Argenta||Croma I||Croma II|
|Cabriolet||Ritmo Cabrio||Punto Cabrio||500C|
|LCV/LAV||Fiorino I||Fiorino II||Fiorino III / Qubo|
|Doblò I||Doblò II|
|Large MPV||Ulysse I||Ulysse II||Freemont|
|Van||Daily||Scudo I||Scudo II|
|Ducato I||Ducato II||Ducato III|