|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
Fichtner, Fiechtner, or any variant thereof is a surname originating from areas where German is spoken. Descendants of the Fichtner name are spread though Germany, Austria, Russian Empire (in particular Ukraine), Canada, the United States and Argentina.
Groups of Fichtners helped to colonize the early United States, with the emergence of Fichtners into Pennsylvania in the mid-1760s. Fichtners also settled in the Russian Empire as Catherine the Great opened up Russian lands to German settlement during her reign.
The name is common within modern Germany, specifically in southern Germany. Fichtners also remain in modern-day Ukraine and many live within the United States today, concentrated in the Midwest and Northwest.
The Fichtners of Connecticut work primarily in technical and maintenance fields. Working mostly in IT and alternative energy industries.
People with the surname
- Christy Fichtner (born 1962), American beauty pageant winner
- Hans Fichtner (born 1917), rocket scientist
- Randy Fichtner, American football coach
- Ross Fichtner (born 1938), American football player
- Ullrich Fichtner (born 1965), German journalist and author
- William Fichtner (born 1956), American actor
|This page or section lists people with the surname Fichtner. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|