|Key people||James Birnie
|Products||Loans, Savings, Checking, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards|
|Revenue||Afertax:US$2.6 million) (KES:228.5 million) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$147.8 million (KES:12.78 billion) (2013)|
FidelityBank, whose full name is Fidelity Commercial Bank Limited, is a commercial bank in Kenya, the largest economy in East Africa. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya, the country's central bank and national banking regulator.
The bank is a medium-sized retail bank, serving mainly the urban areas of Nairobi and Mombasa. As of December 2013[update], FidelityBank had an asset base of about US$147.8 million (KES:Shs12.78 billion). At that time, the bank was ranked number 32, out of the 43 licensed commercial banks in the country. In December 2012, shareholders' equity at he bank was valued at about US$11.6 million (KES:1.02 billion).
The institution was incorporated in 1988 as African Finance Company. In 1992, the finance company rebranded as Fidelity Finance Limited. In 1996, the institution rebranded again as Fidelity Commercial Bank Limited, having been granted a banking license by the Central Bank of Kenya, the national banking regulator. The bank has plans to list its stock on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, according to its website.
FidelityBank is a privately held institution. The detailed shareholding of the company stock is not publicly known.
James Birnie, one of the non-Executive Directors of the bank, serves as the Chairman of the seven-member Board of Directors. Rana Sengupta is the Managing Director of the bank, since September 2008.
- Head Office - 7th Floor, IPS Building, Kimathi Street, Nairobi
- City Center Branch - Jubilee Exchange, Kaunda Street, Nairobi
- Westlands Branch - Ground Floor, Shimmers Plaza, Westlands Road, Westlands, Nairobi
- Industrial Area Branch - Dar es Salaam Road, Nairobi
- New Muthaiga Branch - Ground Floor, New Muthaiga Shopping Mall, Thigiri Ridge Road, Nairobi
- Kilimani Branch - First Floor, 197 Lenana Place, Nairobi
- Mombasa Branch - Dedan Kimathi Street, Opposite Pandya Memorial Hospital, Mombasa
- Diani Branch - Baharini Plaza, Beach Road, Diani
- Malindi Branch - Sabaki Centre, Lamu Road, Malindi
- Changamwe Branch - Airport Road, Changamwe, Mombasa
- Nyali Branch - Nyali Centre, Links Road, Mombasa
- Parklands Branch - Highridge, Parklands, Nairobi (In development)
- Sameer Branch - Sameer Industrial Park, Nairobi (In development)
- Nakuru Branch - Nakuru (In development)
- Meru Branch - Meru (In development)
- Eldoret Branch - Eldoret (In development).
- Mwaniki, Charles (2 April 2014). "Fidelity Bank To Open Five New Branches". Business Daily Africa (Nairobi). Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- CBK, . "Directory of Commercial Banks And Mortgage Finance Companies". Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Banking, Business (9 April 2014). "Kenya: Fidelity Bank Plans 2014 Expansion As Profit Soars". Capital FM via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Bankelele, . (28 April 2014). "Kenya Bank Rankings By Assets In 2013". Bankelele.Co.Ke. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- FCBL, . (2013). "Audited 31 December 2012 Financial Statement". FidelityBank.Co.Ke (FCBL). Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- FCBL, . (2008). "The Profile of FidelityBank". FidelityBank.Co.Ke © FidelityBank 2008.
- NK.O, . "James Birnie Is Chairman At FidelityBank". NatureKenya.Org (NK.O). Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- FidelityBank, . "The Branches of FidelityBank". FidelityBank.Co.Ke © FidelityBank 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Website of FidelityBank
- Website of Central Bank of Kenya
- Fidelity Bank Row Exposes Claims of Illegal Insider Loans