Fidelity Worldwide Investment
|Products||Investment management, mutual funds|
|AUM||US$ 240 billion (2013)|
Fidelity Worldwide Investment provides asset management services to investors all over the world outside the US and Canada.
Fidelity Worldwide Investment was originally established in 1969 under the name Fidelity International Limited. It began as the international investment subsidiary of Fidelity Management & Research in Boston (see Fidelity Investments) before being spun out as an independent business in 1980. Since then, it has continued to operate as a private company owned by its employees and the Johnson family.
It was established in 1969  as an international investment subsidiary of Fidelity Management & Research, before becoming an independent business in 1980.
In the same year that it was established, an office was opened in Tokyo, followed by London in 1973, Hong Kong in 1981 and Taipei in 1986. In 1990 the first Continental European office was opened in Amsterdam, when a number of Luxembourg funds for Continental Europe and Asia were launched. Expansion has continued, with Fidelity opening an office in India in 2001 and in China in 2004.
Today it employs over 6,000 people in 24 countries around the world; Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, China (including Hong Kong), Dubai, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia and the UK.
It is privately owned.
Fidelity offers its own funds and, through its platforms in a number of countries, other managers’ funds. It currently manages or administers over US$300bn on behalf of private individuals and institutions around the world, offering investors the opportunity to further their medium and long-term investment goals.
Depending on location, Fidelity offer a range of active asset management solutions as well as large fund platforms offering access to Fidelity and other managers’ funds and services for personal investors. Fidelity are active also in providing solutions in the fast-growing Defined Contribution Pensions market both for domestic schemes and for multinational employers and their staff.
Fidelity Worldwide Investment has around 300 portfolio managers and research professionals spread widely around the world . These investment professionals carry out in-depth analysis to uncover investment opportunities, following a bottom-up stock picking approach.
- Johnson, Steve (15 September 2013). "Fidelity Worldwide scouts beyond the boomers for business". Financial Times (UK). Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- Bloomberg Businessweek. "Company Overview of Fidelity Investments Japan Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "Fidelity succeeds through evolution". Inestment Week (UK). 25 February 2002. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
- publisher=BCTHK. "FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited". BCTHK. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- Credit Suisse. "FIL (Luxembourg) S.A.". Credit Suisse. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- Business Wire. "Atlantic Fund Services to Service Fidelity Worldwide Investment Funds in Luxembourg". Business Wire. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- Lambert, Simon (6 August 2013). "AIM shares are in fashion now investors can put them in an Isa. We reveal five of the best smaller company funds and trusts". This is Money (UK). Retrieved 18 December 2013.