|Created by||Joanna Ferrone
Fido Dido / / is a cartoon character created by Joanna Ferrone and Sue Rose. Rose first developed the character in 1985 on a napkin in a restaurant. They later stenciled Fido on T-shirts with the credo: "Fido is for Fido, Fido is against no one". These T-shirts became very popular in New York.
Fido Dido was licensed to PepsiCo in around 1988, but the character did not receive much attention or popularity until the early 1990s on numerous products, particularly stationery. Later, he was replaced with Cool Spot as the brand mascot.
Fido Dido reappeared in the 2000s and is still, as of July 2010[update], used on cans and advertising for 7up in countries worldwide.
Fido Dido has been licensed to Pepsico and Slice brands in markets outside the United States; 7 Up, a product of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, is licensed to Pepsico for manufacture and distribution in markets outside the U.S. Fido Dido is also used on PepsiCo's Turkish soft drink Fruko.
In 1992 in the UK Fido Dido appeared in his own magazine. The first edition introduced you to his family and was titled Meet the Fidos. It was published by Ravette Publishing.
There was a Neopets sponsor game starring Fido Dido.
In the early 1990s Fido Dido had his own comic strip in the teenage magazine YM.
Fido Dido appears in the animated short Logorama as a bystander.
- "Fido Dido returns as face of 7UP". B&T. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Solomon, Charles (1992-09-27). "Fido Dido has universal appeal". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Freitag, Michael (1989-09-03). "STYLEMAKERS; Susan Rose and Joanna Ferrone - Entrepreneurs". The New York Times. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "A suitable boy". The Hindu. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- "Central Florida Riding A Wave Of Fido Frenzy". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- Solomon, Charles (1992-09-27). "FIDO DIDO 101 or Living Life in the Third Lane by Susan Rose and Joanna Ferrone". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Drawn together". The Economic Times. 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- Fido Dido at RM Licensing
- Brief Information about Fido bumpers during CBS Saturday Morning TV Shows, from Platypus Comix.
- Fido Dido / 7up brain teaser puzzle
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a fictional television character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|