Field Army Bernolák
The division took part in the Invasion of Poland from September 1939. In October it returned to Slovakia and was upgraded to a fully motorized division.
In August 1943 the Fast Division was restructured and renamed the 1st Infantry Division of that year. However, the 1st Infantry Division saw very little action and was used for rear area duties until it was disbanded in July 1944 to form construction units.
Army Commander, General Ferdinand Čatloš
- Slovak 1st Infantry Division "Janošík"
- Gen. Antonin Pulanich
- Slovak 2nd Infantry Division "Škultéty"
- Col. Ivan Imro, later Gen. Alexandr Čunderlik
- Slovak 3rd Infantry Division "Razus"
- Gen. Augustín Malár
- Fast Troops Group "Kalinčiak"
- Col. Ivan Imro
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Ready, J. Lee. London: Arms and Armour Press, 1995.
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|