Field Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||37.08 sq mi (96.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.89 sq mi (95.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.19 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.51%|
|Elevation||581 ft (177 m)|
|• Density||39.8/sq mi (15.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62830, 62864, 62889|
|GNIS feature ID||0429001|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.08 square miles (96.0 km2), of which 36.89 square miles (95.5 km2) (or 99.49%) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2) (or 0.51%) is water. The townshop is centered at 38°26′N 88°52′W (38.433,-88.867).
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Haines Township, Marion County (north)
- Farrington Township (east)
- Webber Township (southeast)
- Mt. Vernon Township (south)
- Shiloh Township (southwest)
- Rome Township (west)
- Raccoon Township, Marion County (northwest)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Antioch, Hall, Hickey, Jordan Chapel, Oak Grove, Old Panther Fork, Panther Fork and Union Chapel.
- Miller Lake
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Field Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.