The Fifth Development Cabinet (Indonesian: Kabinet Pembangunan V) was the Indonesian Cabinet which served under President Suharto and Vice President Sudharmono from March 1988 until March 1993. It was formed after Suharto was elected to a 5th term as President by the People's Consultative Assembly (MPR).
The Five Cabinet Aims
- Continuing, intensifying, deepening, and expanding the execution of National Development as an implementation of Pancasila with the Development Trilogy and National Resilience as its foundation.
- Improving National Discipline with a State Apparatus as its pioneers and aiming towards a clean and legitimate Government.
- Institutionalizing Pancasila, Pancasila Democracy, and the Guide to Learn and Apply Pancasila (P4) in daily life as a community, state, and nation.
- Executing a free and active foreign policy for the National interest.
- Holding a direct, universal, free, and secret Legislative Elections in 1992.
President and Vice President
- President: Gen. (ret.) Suharto
- Vice President: Lt. Gen. (ret.) Sudharmono
- Coordinating Minister of Politics and Security: Adm. (ret.) Sudomo
- Coordinating Minister of Economics, Finance, and Industry: Radius Prawiro
- Coordinating Minister of People's Welfare: Gen. (ret.) Supardjo Rustam
- State Minister/State Secretary: Brig. Gen. Murdiono
- State Minister of National Development Planning/Chairman of the National Development Planning Body (BAPPENAS): Saleh Afiff
- State Minister of Research and Technology/Chairman of the Research and Implementation of Technology (BPPT): BJ Habibie
- State Minister of Population and Environment: Emil Salim
- State Minister of Housing: Siswono Yudohusodo
- State Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports: Akbar Tanjung
- State Minister of Administrative Reform: Sarwono Kusumaatmaja
- State Minister of Female Empowerment: Sulaiskin Murpratomo
Official With Ministerial Rank
- 1991: Sukarton Marmosudjono died and was replaced as Attorney General by Singgih.
- February 1993: Try Sutrisno was replaced as ABRI Commander by General Edi Sudrajat
- Simanjuntak, P. N. H. (2003), Kabinet-Kabinet Republik Indonesia: Dari Awal Kemerdekaan Sampai Reformasi (in Indonesian), Jakarta: Djambatan, pp. 364–373, ISBN 979-428-499-8.