|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
|Origin||San Diego, California, United States|
|Genres||Easycore, Pop punk|
|Labels||Triple Crown Records, In-n-Out Records|
Fight Fair is a pop punk band from San Diego, California, currently based out of San Francisco, California They are signed to Triple Crown Records. They released their debut EP titled "Settle The Score" in 2008 Their debut full-length "California Kicks" was released June 29, 2010 while performing on the 2010 Vans Warped Tour.
Fight Fair spawned in the infamous 'San Diego State University party scene'. Lead vocalist Bigman describes the band's sound as “uplifting and positive while maintaining the aggressive sound we grew up with" " Bigman is known for blurring the lines between hardcore punk and pop, widely credited with coining the term "skramz," a term used to differentiate modern, mainstream screamo and underground, DIY screamo. Bigman and guitarist Evan Henkel was also known in the DIY screamo and hardcore punk scene for their former band Seeing Means More, and for Bigman being a featured vocalist on influential post-hardcore/screamo band Loma Prieta's song, entitled Apparition, the final track off their 2010 album, Life/Less.
During the formation of the band, there were a few member changes. On September 19, 2008, Fight Fair was involved in a van and trailer accident on the border of Oregon and Washington U S state |Washington which caused severe damage to their van, trailer and equipment. The band spent the next few days in Portland, Oregon raising money through MySpace com and PayPal com to fix some damages in order to make it home before Christmas.
In early 2009, they supported The Bigger Lights on a US tour along with Thieves and Villains, which they later ended finished home co-headlining with School Boy Humor. Soon after they participated with 5 dates supporting Valencia with Houston Calls for the "Say No To Neon Tour". Later from May 2, 2009 to May 28, 2009 they supported Amber Pacific alongside Houston Calls and Farewell band Farewell on a 24 date stint around the U S In support of the tour, Gibson Guitar Corporation Gibson Guitars gave away an Epiphone acoustic guitar, signed by all four bands.
The band just finished up in the studio recording their first full-length album, which is expected to be released June 29, 2010 Fight Fair just finished up with Breathe Carolina, Cash Cash, Stephen Jerzak and Kill Paradise on the EZ BRONZ TOUR' 09. A full US tour from November 4, 2009 to December 12, 2009.
Fight Fair has been confirmed to play the entire 2010 Vans Warped Tour from June 24 to August 15, performing on the Skull Candy Stage. Fight Fair released "California Kicks" on the 2010 Vans Warped Tour. It was released while the tour was in the city of Phoenix, AZ.
- xFashionx (2007)
- Settle The Score (2008)
- Broken (2011)
- California Kicks #June 29, 2010#
- "Fight Fair Sign with Triple Crown - News Article". AbsolutePunk#net. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Fight Fair Pre-Orders Go Live - News Article". AbsolutePunk#net. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Un. "Fight Fair | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace#com. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- #http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/2010/01/do-u-3-teh-skramz-lyfe.html #[dead link]
- US. "Seeing Means More#RIP# | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace#com. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Poseur Ink — Winter Bloo". Shop.poseurink.com. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- #http://altpress#com/apr/116#htm Alternative Press: Fight Fair#
- #http://altpress#com/news/4729#htm Alternative Press: Fight Fair Sign With Triple Crown|Fight Fair signs to Triple Crown Records - AbsolutePunk#
- #http://www#myspace#com/fightfair Fight Fair Myspace #