From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fight For Santa Clara is the fight song of the Santa Clara University. It was composed by Winnie Cutter, a graduate of the class of 1905. in 1898 following the last-minute football victory over the University of Chicago that clinched a league championship.
- All hail to S.C.U.
- Honor her prestige and fame,
- Oh! hold high those standards
- As we go into the game.
- Varsity fight for Santa Clara
- Banners of red and white on high
- No matter how great your foe men [team],
- Let your motto be "to do or die."
- Rah! Rah! Varsity men [team],
- We are cheering for you,
- Our gallant heroes, sturdy, staunch and true
- Remember the right and might of Red and White
- When Santa Clara warriors fight,
- For Victory, and our dear old S.C.U.
- Then U. fight! fight! for the Alma Mater we love,
- oh fight! fight! and strength shall come from above,
- We now acclaim your fame,
- Rah! Rah! Rah!
- Come join our happy throng,
- Oh make the welkin resound,
- Help build to tradition,
- That S.C.U. men [team] ne'er give ground.
- While Hamilton stands guard,
- Over thy rich, fertile vale,
- Belov'd Alma Mater,
- Teach no word akin to fail.