Last Comic of Peanuts. February 13, 2000 http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/peanuts.gif
PEANUTS © 2005, United Feature Syndicate, Inc.
||This image is from a comic strip, webcomic or from the cover or interior of a comic book. The copyright for this image is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic or the writer(s) and/or artist(s) which produced the comic in question. It is believed that
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/copyright for more information.
- the use of low-resolution images of the cover of a comic book to illustrate:
- the issue of the comic book in question;
- the periodical comic book series of which this issue is a part; or
- the copyrighted comic book character(s) or group(s) on the cover of the issue in question;
- or the use of low-resolution images of a single panel from a comic strip or an interior page of a comic book to illustrate:
- the scene or storyline depicted, or
- the copyrighted character(s) or group(s) depicted on the excerpted panel in question;
- where no free alternative exists or can be created,
- on the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation,
||To the uploader:
To patrollers and administrators: If this image has an 'appropriate' rationale please append
- This template is only for use with images of comics.
- Please add a detailed fair use rationale for each use, as well as the source of the work and copyright information.
- For example fair use rationales, see here.
- Template:Comic cover rationale may be helpful for stating the rationale.
|image has rationale=yes as a parameter to the license template.
Fair use rationale for Peanuts
This image is being linked here; though the picture is subject to copyright I feel it is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- No free alternative to the last comic strip exists.
- It is of the minimum resolution that still allows the text to be legible.
- It illustrates several classic scenes involving the Peanuts characters that would be difficult to include otherwise.
- Includes Schulz's famous "goodbye" message essential to the understanding of why the comic strip was discontinued.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||02:37, 2 October 2011||600 × 403 (89 KB)||King of Hearts (talk | contribs)||needs to be of sufficient resolution as to be legible|
The following pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file (pages on other projects are not listed):