File of Justice
The Files of Justice (壹號皇庭)is a series of Hong Kong legal drama produced by TVB. There were 5 seasons produced, the first was aired in 1992 spanning 13 episodes. The series revolves around a group of lawyers and legal personnel with stories interwoven between their personal lives and the court cases (usually one that involves murder) in which they’re engaged.
- Ben Yu – A successful lawyer and the protagonist of the series. Often humorous and charming, Ben is also occasionally the butt of jokes to his friends (especially to Michael) because of his tolerance and partly due to his clumsiness. He suffers from a crush for his colleague and fellow lawyer Michelle, who has rejected him on numerous occasions. He shares an apartment with his close friend Raymond and his cousin Man-Bun who is a police detective. Ben is played by Bobby Au Yeung.
- Michelle Ting – Ben’s colleague and love interest. Michelle is an example of the modern day alpha female – headstrong, stubborn and no-nonsense. Initially, she is fairly cold towards Ben’s attempt at wooing her, finding them to be childish and annoying. However, as time goes on, she gradually sees his affection for her to be genuine and accepts him in return. Michelle is played by Amy Chan.
- Michael Kong – A paralegal advisor who is best friend to Ben Yu and Raymond Chow. Amongst the group, Michael is shown to be the manipulative and mischievous one. He is sometimes slightly immature and rather cocky and at most times who takes joy in messing around with Ben and Raymond. He works for his widowed mother’s law firm and helps her and his sister Helen in handling their cases. Despite his smart alec personality, he does have a kind hearted side and is willing to help those who are less privileged. Michael Kwong is played by Michael Tao.
- Helen Kong – Michael’s younger sister who is also a lawyer at their mother’s firm. Beautiful and intelligent, Helen has a strong work ethic and wisdom beyond her year when it comes to court case matters. She briefly dated Ben’s cousin Man-Bun but soon separated due to personal differences. Helen is played by Lau Mei-Koon.
- Raymond Chow – A close friend to Ben and Michael who also works at Michael’s law firm. Generally friendly and good-natured, Raymond is also a man who takes himself too seriously and is far less humorous than his peers. Moralistic and timid, he often disapproves of Michael’s immature ways of handling situations. He is also an occasional victim of Ben’s crazy schemes when he is attempting to hook-up with Michelle. Raymond is Played by William So.
- Bobby Au Yeung as Ben Yu Joi-Chun (余在春)
- Michael Tao as Michael Kong Shing-Yue (江承宇)
- William So as Raymond Chow Chi-Fai (周志輝)
- Felix Lok as Chow Man-Bun (周文彬)
- Amy Chan as Michelle Ting Yau (丁柔)
- Jessica Hsuan as Samantha Ching Yuek-Fai
- Lau Mei-Koon as Helen Kong Shing-Chau
- Sheren Tang as Joyce Yan Tsz-Kit
- Flora Chan as Catherine Au Tsz-Keung
- Ada Choi as Lee Tung
- Astrid Chan as Rachel Ching Yuek-Hei
- Soh Hang Suen as Lora Kong Lee Chung Wan
- Chor Yuen as Victor Ching Lok-Tin
- Bowie Lam as Joe Li Sai-Wang / Kelvin Fong Wai-Ho
- Steven Ma as Stephen Chan Cheuk-Yiu
- Lawrence Ng as Alex Tsui Wai-Kit
- Ram Chiang as Eric Chow Siu-Chung
- Wayne Lai as Anthony Yau Wing-Kin
- Patrick Tam as Chris Yau Wing-Hong
- Eileen Yeow as Eva Chiu Lai-Ying
- Faye Wong as Mandy Tong Yuk-Man
- Sammi Cheng as Josephine Fong Ka-Kei