Wikipedia:Files for deletion
|Skip to table of contents · Skip to current discussions ·
Files for deletion (FfD) is for listing images and other media files which are unneeded. Files that have been listed here for more than 7 days are eligible for deletion if either a consensus to do so has been reached or no objections to deletion have been raised. To quote the non-free content criteria, "it is the duty of users seeking to include or retain content to provide a valid rationale; those seeking to remove or delete it are not required to show that one cannot be created." For undeletion requests, first contact the administrator who deleted the file. If you are unable to resolve the issue with that administrator, the matter should be brought to deletion review.
If you have questions if something should be deleted, consider asking at Media Copyright Questions.
Examples of what you may request here
What not to list here
Instructions for listing files for deletion
To list a file:
State the reasons why the file should be deleted. Some common reasons are:
These are not the only "valid" reasons to delete a file. Any properly explained reason can be used. The above list comprises the most common and uncontroversial ones.
Since abbreviated deletion reasons will not be familiar to most Wikipedians, especially newbies, please consider using full words. A few extra keystrokes now can save paragraphs of explanation to a panicked uploader wondering what's wrong with their image.
If you remove a file from an article, list the article from which you removed it so there can be community review of whether the file should be deleted. This is necessary because file pages do not remember the articles on which the file were previously used.
|Possibly unfree files (PUF)|
- 1 What not to list here
- 2 Instructions for discussion participation
- 3 Instructions for closing discussions
- 4 Old discussions
- 5 Recent nominations
- 5.1 October 26
- 5.2 October 27
- 5.3 October 28
- 5.4 October 29
- 5.4.1 File:SecretsquareLPback.jpg
- 5.4.2 File:Buno Haansh album cover.jpg
- 5.4.3 File:Frank Lampard.jpeg
- 5.4.4 File:4th Viscount Gage.jpg
- 5.4.5 File:David Villa.jpeg
- 5.4.6 File:A Hope for Home Collage.jpg
- 5.4.7 File:Mandzukic.jpeg
- 5.4.8 File:Lallana.jpeg
- 5.4.9 File:Rick Ross Hood Billionaire Deluxe.png
- 5.4.10 File:Tokio Hotel - Darkside of the Sun Deluxe Version cover.jpg
- 5.5 October 30
- 5.6 October 31
- 5.7 November 1
- 6 Footer
Instructions for discussion participation
In responding to the deletion nomination, consider adding your post in the format
* '''View''' - Reasoning ... -- ~~~~
where "Delete", "Keep", "Comment", or something else may replace "View". In posting their reasoning, many editors use abbreviations and cite to the following:
- Wikipedia:NFCC#1 – Free equivalent is/is not available
- Wikipedia:NFCC#8 – Significance
- Wikipedia:Non-free content#Images 2 – Unacceptable image use
Remember that polling is not a substitute for discussion. Wikipedia's primary method of determining consensus is through editing and discussion, not voting. Although editors occasionally use straw polls in an attempt to test for consensus, polls or surveys sometimes impede rather than assist discussion. They should be used with caution, and are no more binding than any other consensus decision.
Also remember that if you believe that an image is potentially useful for other projects and should be moved to Wikimedia Commons, in lieu of responding
'''Move to Commons''', you can move it there yourself. See Wikipedia:Moving files to the Commons for instructions.
Instructions for closing discussions
Nominations should be processed for closing after being listed for 7 days following the steps here.
The following discussions are more than 7 days old and are pending processing by an administrator:
|This page has a backlog that requires the attention of one or more administrators.
This notice is automatically updated by AnomieBOT (talk) and will no longer be displayed when the backlog is cleared.
- Wikipedia:Files for deletion/2014 October 13 - 1 remaining
- Wikipedia:Files for deletion/2014 October 21 - 14 remaining
- Wikipedia:Files for deletion/2014 October 22 - 3 remaining
- Wikipedia:Files for deletion/2014 October 23 - 37 remaining
- Wikipedia:Files for deletion/2014 October 24 - 1 remaining
For older nominations, see the archives.
Discussions approaching conclusion
- Wikipedia:Files for deletion/2014 October 25 - Discussions with at least 6 full days since nomination. After 7 days, they may be closed.
The same image already existed on Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Interior_of_Fort_McKee.,_06-1871_-_NARA_-_559259.tif with more detailed source information. Cerevisae (talk) 06:37, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
Image violates WP:NFCC#3 and WP:NFCC#8. This mascot is included in the main logo image: File:Chuck E. Cheese's 2012 logo.png and is therefore unnecessary for a separate image. TLSuda (talk) 13:40, 28 October 2014 (UTC)
- Comment: As uploader of this, I'm not disputing it for the above reason. However, the new main logo should've been uploaded to replace this one, in my opinion. — Wyliepedia 19:36, 28 October 2014 (UTC)
A non free image in soundtrack section is not required.12:32, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
A copyright violation of the image at - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11101146/Frank-Lampard-in-contention-to-make-Manchester-City-home-debut-against-former-club-Chelsea.html Egghead06 (talk) 14:27, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
- Delete No claim of fair use made, no sourcing or licensing information. I tagged it with no source of license as well.--Church Talk 18:10, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
No source or author given of the image. This site has the image and states it is Thomas, 4th Viscount Gage, not Henry as claimed on the image here. More information is needed. Deadstar (talk) 14:32, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
A copyright violation of the image shown on http://origin-www.sportal.com.au.performgroup.com/football/a-league Egghead06 (talk) 14:34, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
Source is given as "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000676556949 " - don't think license is correct. Deadstar (talk) 15:20, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
Copyright violation of image shown at - http://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/futbol-mundial/mario-mandzukic-atletico-madrid-presentado-vicente-calderon-espana-9-david-villa-noticia-1745354/1 Egghead06 (talk) 15:57, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
A copyright violation of http://i2.wp.com/metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/720x10005.jpg?crop=0px%2C50px%2C720px%2C540px&h=128&resize=480%2C360&w=171 Egghead06 (talk) 16:05, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
Keep--This was previously listed for deletion for lack of sourced commentary on the image in the Matlovich article. I added several cites to explain the significance of the image and provide the required sourced commentary. DragonflyDC (talk) 03:30, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
Does not meet WP:NFCI. Not covered under "Images with iconic status or historical importance", and not a core image to include in a biography. Person is not deceased either. —Bagumba (talk) 05:36, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
Included as non-free content but it is not clear as to whether the usage complies with Wikipedia:NFCC; particularly WP:NFCC#1 and WP:NFCC#8 - the article mentions the circumstance for which the Scouting patch was issued but it is not clear that the article has much in the way of commentary about the patch itself (as opposed the Pinewood derby event) or about the significance (if any) of the actual patch. Elegie (talk) 08:34, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
- There are no free equivalents, so that should satisfy NFCC #1. Last year, the BSA celebrated the 60th anniversary and honored the founder of the event. They did it with a patch. The patch is "not free." As for point eight, the presence of the image does significantly increase reader's understanding of the topic. It directly relates to the text that surrounds it and underscores the significance of the event. --evrik (talk) 14:45, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
- Keep I agree that are no free equivalents that can be substituted. As with many council Scout patches, they are a unique design and copying the patch to create another version wouldn't in my understanding be free of copyright protection. Even if that were permissible, it has never been a requirement for adding fair use Scout patches to articles as long as the patch meets the other criteria for use.
- The article is clearly about the anniversary of the first event, which the council patch obviously illustrates. That image is definitely germane to the article and is the subject of the introduction to the article.— btphelps (talk to me) (what I've done) 15:41, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
Please ensure "===November 1===" is at the very top of the new page so that internal page links from the main Files for deletion page (the one you're on now) work.