Filipino Retirees & Employees Overseas Movement
The Filipino Retirees and Employees Overseas Movement (FREOM, Inc) is an organization of Filipino migrant workers founded by Juanito "Boy" Mongado, Jr. on July 19, 1995.
On April 1996, Filipino Retirees and Employees Overseas Movement (FREOM) obtained approval of its existence as a full pledge organization of Filipino migrant workers from the Filipino Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that reinforced its presence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. FREOM Officers and members had actively pursued approval since its formation on July 19, 1995.
As an Overseas Contract Organization, FREOM increased its membership and comprises six (6) districts in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia viz. Dammam, Dhahran, Doha, Jubail, Khobar, and Qatif. Each district has its own officers and members. The Board of Trustees and the Council of District Representative handles overall administration.
Freom participates in most activities spearheaded by the Philippine Embassy through the All Filipino Community and Sports Commission (AFCSCOM).
In commemoration of the Philippine Centennial the Board of Trustees reaffirmed their support for business enterprise in the Philippines to benefit its members. The organization campaigned to increase its membership in order to widen benefits to the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and retiring employees. Lifetime membership fee of U.S. $25.00 funds various development projects and future business enterprises.
Goldenflame Holdings Corporation was established and registered with the SEC on September 27, 2005. Fifty percent (50%) is owned by the organization represented by its Founder and Chief Executive Officer. The first business venture and resettlement project was unanimously approved by the board and to start particularly at Cabadiangan, Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte.
The resettlement facility will contain housing facilities offers services for residens. Among other facilities are mini commercial sites, a health center, recreational facilities, maintenance and security support units. The resettlement home is envisioned to be owned and operated by FREOM members and their families.
Board of Trustees
- Chairman = Engr. Faizal Sarque
- Vice Chairman (Internal) = Ludovico "Jun" Estruche Jr.
- Vice Chairman (External) = Dra. Resureccion Ramos
- Secretary General = Abe Regalado
- Treasurer = Virginia Mongado
- Auditor = Arnel L. Refuerzo
- P.R.O. = Dinan Arana
- Mary Garcia
- Debbie Sanggalang
- Leo Camba
- Ruel Poliquit
- Lito Grepo
- Gerry Neyra
- Lito Sigua
- Mario Sierra
- Jose Avancena
- Felixnito Frias
- To assist members in need of help, to establish a common project fund;
- To provide financial assistance to members during employment, upon retirement and in emergencies;
- To assistance to job seekers upon their return to the Philippines;
- To support and assist entrepreneurial members to establish enterprises upon their return;
- To establish recreation and housing for retirees.
- July 19, 1995 - Juanito "Boy" Mongado Jr. with a handful of Filipino expatriates working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia founded FREOM, Inc.
- April 1996 - the organization obtained approval of its existence as a full pledge organization of Filipino migrant workers from the SEC.
- June 1998 - in commemoration of the Philippine Centennial the Board of Trustees reaffirmed their support in the establishment of business enterprise in the Philippines.
- July 30, 1999 - Ambassador Rafael Seguis Inducted the newly elected officers and members of Jubail District at Nesma Compound, Jubail. Arnel Refuerzo became the District president.
- December 30, 1999 - FREOM Online was officially launched to members around the world.
- June 2000 - The first issue of FREOM Newsletter (Pictured) was released with Refuerzo as Editor-in-Chief.
- July 19, 2000:
- Philippine Labor Attaché, Atty. Jainal Rasul Jr. and Mr. Juanito Mongado, Jr., Founder & CEO of FREOM, Inc. unveiled the design of the FREOM Home during the 5th Foundation celebration.
- Labor Attaché, Atty. Jainal Rasul Jr. inducted newly elected members of the Board of Trustees, Jun Estruche, Refuerzo, Joey Antonio and Abe Regalado.
- September 27, 2005 - Goldenflame Holdings Corporation was established and registered with the SEC as a business arm of FREOM, Inc. Fifty percent is owned by the Organization.
- March 30, 2007 - Engr. Faisal Sharque, a former OFW Party List group nominee and then-head of FREOM, jointly made an appeal among Overseas Filipinos for unity in pursuing the OFW dream of having epresentation in Congress in a meeting held at Al Mutlaq, Hotel on March 30, 2007.
- April 1, 2007 - FREOM joined The International Coalition for Overseas Filipinos’ Voting Rights (ICOFVR) campaign in passing the ABSENTEE VOTING BILL.
- August 17, 2011 - Constitution and By-Laws was submitted to Philippines Embassy - Riyadh.
- September 4, 2011 - Philippine Embassy - Riyadh issued a Certificate of Registration recognizing FREOM, Inc. as a legitimate Filipino Community association.
- "Absentee Voters Go Out and Vote | Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) Empowerment". Ofwempowerment.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Philippine Embassy in Riyadh". Philembassy-riyadh.org. Retrieved 2013-03-01.