From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fill in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fill may refer to:
- Fill dirt, soil added to an area
- Fill character, a character transmitted solely for the purpose of consuming time
- Fill device, an electronic module that loads cryptographic keys into an electronic encryption machine
- Fill (music), a short segment of instrumental music
- In textiles, the filling yarn is the same as weft, the yarn which is shuttled back and forth across the warp to create a woven fabric.
- In finance, a fill is the fulfillment of a part or whole of an order at a given price by a broker or counterparty
- Fill flash, a technique in photography where the flash is used in bright locations to prevent shadows from being underexposed
- Fill light, background lighting used to reduce the contrast of a scene and provide some illumination for the areas of the image that would otherwise be in shadow
- Flood fill or Fill pattern, the color, pattern, or texture that fills an area in graphic design
- Matter that is contained in a pillow, cushion, quilt, etc., or used to protect items in a package; it may have more specific names, e.g., fiberfil, foamfill, etc., some being tradenames or brands
- Fill power, a measure of the loft or "fluffiness" of a down product that is loosely related to the insulating value of the down
- FILL, the acronym of Federação Internacional de Luta Livre a brazilian professional wrestling federation.
People with the surname
- Embankment (transportation)
- Filler (disambiguation)
- Filling (disambiguation)
- Fill-in (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.