|Launched||1 February 2006|
|Owned by||Liberty Global|
|Picture format||576i (PAL) 16:9
|Slogan||"Alleen op één"
(Only on one)
|CanalDigitaal||Channel 20 (Film1 Premiere HD)
Channel 21 (Film1 Action)
Channel 22 (Film1 Comedy & Kids)
Channel 23 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
|Ziggo||Channel 101 (Film1 Premiere HD)
Channel 102 (Film1 Action)
Channel 103 (Film1 Comedy & Kids)
Channel 104 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 105 (Film1 Spotlight)
|UPC Netherlands||Channel 101 (Film1 Premiere HD)
Channel 102 (Film1 Action HD)
Channel 103 (Film1 Comedy & Kids HD)
Channel 104 (Film1 Spotlight HD)
Channel 105 (Film1 Premiere)
Channel 106 (Film1 Action)
Channel 107 (Film1 Comedy & Kids)
Channel 108 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 109 (Film1 Spotlight)
|CAIW||Channel 301 (Film1 Premiere HD)
Channel 302 (Film1 Action)
Channel 303 (Film1 Comedy & Kids)
Channel 304 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 305 (Film1 Spotlight)
|Kabel Noord||Channel 80 (Film1 Premiere HD)
Channel 81 (Film1 Action HD)
Channel 82 (Film1 Comedy & Kids)
Channel 83 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 84 (Film1 Spotlight)
Channel 85 (Film1 Premiere)
Channel 86 (Film1 Action)
|Delta NV||Channel 11 (Film1 Premiere)
Channel 12 (Film1 Action)
Channel 13 (Film1 Comedy & Kids)
Channel 14 (Film1 Sundance Channel)
Channel 15 (Film1 Spotlight)
Channel 16 (Film1 Premiere HD)
Film1 is a Dutch premium television service owned by Liberty Global. Film1 launched together with its sister service Sport1 on 1 February 2006 and replaced the Canal+ Netherlands television channels. The service offers multiple film channels with Dutch and international productions many of which are television premières. It also broadcast television series.
The service launched with three channels and a high-definition and timeshift version of the main channel. On 1 October 2008 Film1 Action was added to the line up. Film1 Series started on 17 January 2012 when it replaced the 1 hour timeshift channel Film1 Premiere +1. On 31 January 2012, Film1 announced that it would launch Sundance Channel in the Netherlands. It replaced Film1 Festival on 1 March 2012.
The channels are available on digital cable of most Dutch cable companies, satellite (CanalDigitaal) and IPTV (Tele2 and KPN). Satellite provider CanalDigitaal does not provide Film1 Spotlight and Film1 On Demand. IPTV provider Tele2 does not provide high-definition and Film1 On Demand. Film1 is not available via DVB-T.
On 20 September 2012, Film1 announced that they would be launching an online premium service with Tvinci.
- Film1 Premiere: Main Flagship Channel
- Film1 Action: Second channel focuses on thriller, action, and horror films.
- Film1 Comedy & Kids: Third channel which focusses on comedy, family and children films.
- Film1 Sundance Channel: Fourth channel which focuses mostly on arthouse films.
- Film1 Spotlight: Fifth channel.
- Film1 Premiere HD: High-definition simulcast of Film1 Premiere.
- Film1 Action HD: High-definition simulcast of Film1 Action.
- Film1 Comedy & Kids HD: High-definition simulcast of Film1 Comedy & Kids.
- Film1 Spotlight HD: High-definition simulcast of Film1 Spotlight.
- Film1 On Demand: A Video On Demand-service that provides selected content from all the above channels on an on-demand basis. The service is available from Ziggo and UPC Netherlands television platform's VOD service.
Television series line-up
- Alfred J. Kwak
- Bomb Girls
- Breaking Bad From Season 3
- Crossing Lines
- The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
- The Killing From Season 3
- Necessary Roughness
- Once Upon a Time
- Real Humans
- The Straits
- This Is England '86
- This Is England '88
- Top of the Lake
- World Without End
- "Film1 Series to challenge Dutch HBO".
- Robert Briel (31 January 2012). "Chellomedia launches Sundance Channel". Broadband TV News.
- "Chellomedia selects Tvinci to power online video service". Digital TV Europe. 20 September 2012.
- "Nieuw HD-kanaal betaalzender Film1" (in Dutch).