Filton and Bradley Stoke (UK Parliament constituency)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Filton and Bradley Stoke|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Filton and Bradley Stoke in Avon.
Location of Avon within England.
|Electorate||69,732 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Almondsbury, Bradley Stoke, Stoke Gifford, Filton, Winterbourne|
|Member of parliament||Jack Lopresti (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Bristol North West, Northavon, Kingswood|
|European Parliament constituency||South West England|
- Almondsbury, Bradley Stoke South, Bradley Stoke Central & Stoke Lodge, Bradley Stoke North, Downend, Filton, Frenchay & Stoke Park, Patchway, Pilning and Severn Beach, Staple Hill, Stoke Gifford and Winterbourne all in the South Gloucestershire (unitary) district
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Filton and Bradley Stoke|
|Liberal Democrat||Pete Bruce|
|General Election 2010: Filton and Bradley Stoke|
|Liberal Democrat||Peter Tyzack||12,197||25.3||-3.1|
|No label||None of the Above Zero[n 3]||172||0.4||+0.4|
- List of Parliamentary constituencies in Avon
- Terry Marsh – who changed his name to "None of the Above X" to stand in the 2010 General Election
Notes and references
- A county constituency (for the purposes of election expenses and type of returning officer)
- As with all constituencies, the constituency elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election at least every five years.
- None of the Above Zero was a candidate at the 2010 General Election. Previously known as Eric Mutch, he changed his name by deed poll to stand under that name. As candidates are listed by surname first he appeared on the ballot paper as "Zero, None of the Above," in effect giving voters a none of the above — if elected he promised to resign immediately. He came last with 172 votes.
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Final Recommendations for Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries in the Unitary Authority of South Gloucestershire". Boundary Commission for England. 15 November 2001. Retrieved 24 April 2010.[dead link]
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "F" [self-published source][better source needed]
- UKIP Fight Filton and Bradley Stoke
- Filton and Bradley Stoke, UK Polling Report, retrieved 7 May 2010
- None of the above, says name-change Bristol candidate, Bristol: Bristol Evening Post, 7 April 2010, retrieved 7 May 2010
- Mr 'None of the Above' Zero set to stand in Filton and Bradley Stoke, Bristol: The Bradley Stoke Journal, 11 April 2010, retrieved 7 May 2010
- As it happened: Bristol Election 2010, BBC, 10 May 2010